The truth about "NEEDING" an RB

Agree with your points, but let's be real here, the Colts also got help in winning the Super Bowl by playing one of the weakest teams ever to make it there. The Bear D was overrated and nowhere near tops in spite of their statistical accolades against a schedule of teams with scrub offenses. Their offense under Grossman was only effective against teams with little or no D.

You sound like the Roethlisburger haters who "forgot" there were 3 playoff games prior to the SB.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only true 'franchise' back in this draft is Adrian Peterson. Not Lynch or trading for Turner. If you people believe that the RB makes the Offense you are crazy. The offensive line makes the running back, quarterback and essentially the offense. Every year the Broncos have a great offensive line and running back by committee. Every year they have a 1,000 yard back and the ability to be effective on offense. The old saying 'defense wins championships' is true. Peyton Manning didn't win the Superbowl this year. He managed a smart game plan, had two running backs share the load, and had a defense step up and play aggresive.

People are making Lynch and Turner out to be Reggie Bush. Neither are. Ralph Wilson, for as hard as I've been on him, asked the best question that he could, "how are we going to stop the run". Patrick Willis is how.

Just say no to a 1st round back.

The Real

Awesome, then they can pay me $100,000 and I'l throw on some pads and play RB, I've never played, but I'm guessing with a good o-line they can put anyone back there and have a good running game.

All a good o-line does is help make the RB's job easier, and make a RB better. The Bills had a mediocre running game last year, a better o-line would have made McGahee a better RB, but now that he's gone, the Bills will need a good RB or else they are going to yet again have a mediocre running game except the problems will just be reversed (better o-line, worse RB)

Taking Willis first is a good choice, but he isn't the only answer to stopping the run, and after that happens, Ralphs going to turn around and ask "who's gonna run the Ball?" then maybe "Who's on First?"