Turner is terrible! Look at him he is a backup!

Turner should have EASILY passed LaDanian Tomilinson on the depth chart and started on San Diego...who is Tomilinson anyway? :wallbash:

Forget the facts that Turner is big, very strong, and is fast...that does not mean anything.

Let's get a college RB who has proven so much in the pros already!!!!

:wallbash:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more. Why do most people have so much trouble seeing the obvious?

Because people feel since the Skins have not had success in acquiring veterans for picks...the Buffalo Bills, who operate entirely different then the Redskins, should not deal any picks.

Listen, I agree the NFL draft is important...but IMO Turner is a lock to run for 1200+ yards in Buffalo next year

Turner should have EASILY passed LaDanian Tomilinson on the depth chart and started on San Diego...who is Tomilinson anyway? :wallbash:

Forget the facts that Turner is big, very strong, and is fast...that does not mean anything.

You're missing the point. If we trade a draft pick for turner, then we are throwing away a draft pick. By NOT trading for turner, we can keep that draft pick and then spend it on a RB. :wallbash:

You're missing the point. If we trade a draft pick for turner, then we are throwing away a draft pick. By NOT trading for turner, we can keep that draft pick and then spend it on a RB. :wallbash:

Great idea lets give sd our 1st rd draft pick for a 5th rd draft pick who's been a backup the past 3 seasons because turner has "Experience" brilliant. That's really not the point. The point is compensation for production. 1200 yards for a guy who will get paid 30 million dollars or similar proudction from a nfl rookie who will cost signifcantly less for the duration of their rookie contract, while not giving away draft picks to afc competition?

Great idea lets give sd our 1st rd draft pick for a 5th rd draft pick who's been a backup the past 3 seasons because turner has "Experience" brilliant. That's really not the point. The point is compensation for production. 1200 yards for a guy who will get paid 30 million dollars or similar proudction from a nfl rookie who will cost signifcantly less for the duration of their rookie contract, while not giving away draft picks to afc competition?

this is the main point that some folks are missing. are the bills, a rebuilding franchise, at a stage where they can afford to both give up a draft pick and use that roster spot for a player that will command a very high salary? i think the answer is no.

If it weren't for your Kevin Smith avatar I would be mad at you.

Seriously though, my thoughts are that Turner is relatively unproven and will cost multiple draft picks plus a huge contract where as a college back costs 1 draft pick and a smaller contract. The college back could also be "molded" into a Buffalo Bill.

I'm really starting to like Leonard from Rutgers, big, fast and powerful.

Him and A-Train would make an interesting combo.

So running for 500 yards and averaging over 6 yards per carry behind LT is unproven?

Some of those yards coming off of games against the Ravens and Steelers.

Not in my humbled opinion. Those are results when being called upon.

I couldn't agree more. Why do most people have so much trouble seeing the obvious?

Turner = $30 million plus 2 day 1 picks

Day 1 Rookie = $15 million plus 1 day one pick

If Turner provides twice as much value as any Round 1-2 RB the Bills could draft this year, then it's a wash. If not, which is highly likely, your "obvious" answer doesn't look so good.

What contract has he signed for $30 million and where is the deal for 2 day 1 draft picks? When it happens, come back and see me. Until then it's nothing but speculation.

Agreed. Man people just like to pull crap from there butts sometimes.

Half the people that don't want Turner haven't even seen him play. I'm not talking video clips on the net either. I mean actually watch the guy play and see what energy he brings when he comes into a game.

What contract has he signed for $30 million and where is the deal for 2 day 1 draft picks? When it happens, come back and see me. Until then it's nothing but speculation.

And so it goes. Tastes Great, Less Filling...

Although this is 2005 data, I'd think a new contract for Turner would be in the top half of this list. Not cheap, and certainly more than $15 million. As to say, swapping this year's #12 pick for SD's 30th, or giving a 2007 2nd and a 2008 3rd (both of which have been mentioned as possible deals), that's pretty steep as well.

And if Turner's so good, no doubt he's gonna' get a bigger contract than this... :wallbash:

I'm all for keeping the cap number down and all.

But if Marv doesn't want Turner because he could get a back cheaper in the draft than thats just stupid. If you like a player, you grab him up and pay him what you think is fair.

You don't go another route just because its cheaper. Keeping the cap in check is fine and dandy but if Marv thinks that Turner can put this team into the playoffs with Lee and JP than you go and get him. Especially if he can be had for one of Baltimores third round picks that we received.

We still don't even know if Turner will command a 30 mill contract. For all we know the contract numbers would end up being similar to a #12 overall pick. Lets not jump the gun here with how much he would cost.

You don't go another route just because its cheaper.

Why not. Every team has to live within a budget.

Allocating too much to one position, whether it's RB or OL, handcuffs the team. IMO, the best approach is to have a balanced attack--on the field and in the salary structure. No more smoke and mirriors with trading premium picks to catch a whopper (Bledsoe, WM, even JP) or tying the cap in knots over a handful of players (MW, EM).

I agree about a budget.

I'm just saying lets not jump the gun that Turner is going to break the bank lol. Its crazy to think that.

He could end up with a contract equal to the #12 overall pick and maybe even less. We do not know.