Qb update: Carr will not be a Raider

Raiders | Carr not thrilled with Raiders opening

Sun, 1 Apr 2007 15:17:25 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reporting for the Sporting News, reports free-agent QB David Carr will probably not join the Oakland Raiders unless he is unable to find a better situation elsewhere. Carr isn't thrilled about the idea of joining a team that likely will take a franchise-type quarterback in this year's draft.

Sounds like he wants to start somewhere. I wouldn't blame him for not going to the Raiders. After all, they are worst team in the league.

I guess the Bills are out the question too. Jp's our guy at QB. :thumbsup:

Raiders | Carr not thrilled with Raiders opening

Sun, 1 Apr 2007 15:17:25 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reporting for the Sporting News, reports free-agent QB David Carr will probably not join the Oakland Raiders unless he is unable to find a better situation elsewhere. Carr isn't thrilled about the idea of joining a team that likely will take a franchise-type quarterback in this year's draft.

Sounds like he wants to start somewhere. I wouldn't blame him for not going to the Raiders. After all, they are worst team in the league.

I guess the Bills are out the question too. Jp is our guy.

Hopefully he goes to Miami so we can assist in continuing his careers course of being sacked 58 times or so per season.

Hopefully he goes to Miami so we can assist in continuing his careers course of being sacked 58 times or so per season.

To me, Clevland makes the most sense for Carr and the Browns. I can't believe that they are serious about going after Trent Green at this point. The Browns have the makings of a decent passing game, and Carr, I believe, is not near the bust that he is being made out to be. If the Texans weren't still a "new" franchise, they would/should be receiving a lot more criticism than they have, for mishandling nearly every situation in the franchies' short history.

Carr has a very good/strong arm, and is mobile enough to play in the NFL. If his game has any major weakness, it is tentiveness. It is the kind of tentivness that developes from year after year of horrible pass protection, and a minimal running game. Now, I realize the Browns have their share of deficencies as well, but, it seems their money would be better spent on giving Carr a short contract (2-3 years) and work on improving their line and their running game. They have already taken steps toward that, bringing in Trent Green would absolutely foolish for them, IMO...of all the options, Carr is their best.

BTW- would any QB in their right mind, want to sign with the Raiders at this point?

has a very good/strong arm, and is mobile enough to play in the NFL. If his game has any major weakness, it is tentiveness. It is the kind of tentivness that developes from year after year of horrible pass protection, and a minimal running game.

Can i get a "Rob Johnson" from ya? I agree with you. It's not Carr's "fault"...but, can he recover? Clearly RJ ( a player who suffered from a similar situation during his development) could not.

Can i get a "Rob Johnson" from ya? I agree with you. It's not Carr's "fault"...but, can he recover? Clearly RJ ( a player who suffered from a similar situation during his development) could not.

I knew someone would say that. Carr is much tougher than RJ was, physically. As much as the "footsteps" in his head, RJ was derailed with an inability to stay healthy for more than two weeks at a time.

Carr really did not have a bad season this year, all things considered. His leadership qualities were called into question by Eric Moulds (and I am assuming others behind the scenes), but as the season wore on, it felt more and more that Kubiak had written him off.

Believe me, I am not saying David Carr is going to single handedly resurrect the Browns, or any other franchise for that matter, on his own. It is just that when I see bad teams going after 37 year old guys like Trent Green, it makes me wonder wtf they are thinking. Carr may not be the second coming of Brett Favre, but he is certainly no Joey Harrington either. I just think he is the best QB available right now. He still has some possible upside.