4. Bucs, WR Calvin Johnson

5. Cardinals, OT Joe Thomas

6. Redskins, DE Jamaal Anderson

7. Vikings, CB Leon Hall

8. Falcons, S LaRon Landry

9. Dolphins, OT Levi Brown

10. Texans, WR/KR Ted Ginn Jr.

11. 49ers, DT Alan Branch

Just in case you missed the first 11 episodes, you can catch up below. In summary, it's Offense 6, Defense 5, Brady Quinn 0. Let's get it out of way right away: With J.P Losman already in Buffalo, Quinn won't go there. Moving on. ...

Although the Bills have gotten more headlines for their offeseason departures -- Nate Clements, London Fletcher-Baker, Willis McGahee and Takeo Spikes among them -- they've also made a few good additions. That group includes left guard Derrick Dockery, right tackle Langston Walker, and most recently, defensive tackle Darwin Walker.

Clements and McGahee were arguably the team's respective best defensive and offensive players. Whether or not the Bills take a young cornerback, however, they will have a big dropoff at that position from what Clements brought. Anthony Thomas currently is the Bills' top running back after McGahee's departure, but I think they can wait to add a young one a round or two later.

The Bills do, however, need immediate help at linebacker after losing the experienced combination of Fletcher-Baker and Spikes. The only question is, do they go for middle or outside?

My two favorite linebackers in this draft are easily Penn State's Paul Posluszny and Ole Miss' Patrick Willis. As college football's past two Butkus Award winners, I was left impressed every time I saw each of them in action. Posluszny also has impressed many with his efforts to come back strong from his 2006 knee injury; Willis has done it with terrific speed and athleticism in workouts.

Posluszny and Willis are a wash in terms of smarts and competitiveness, so it's down to which linebacker can have a greater immediate impact and for which other roles the current Bills linebackers are best suited.

Final decision: Willis. He wins out because the Bills need to go for speed in the middle over sturdiness on the outside. Willis' fresh legs flying around the field can more than make up for the range that Fletcher-Baker had been starting to lose. If Angelo Crowell comes back to form from breaking a bone in his left leg last Week 13, Buffalo will compensate for the veteran losses rather well.

Bills coach Dick Jauron benefited from having a big playmaker at middle linebacker in Chicago -- Brian Urlacher -- and he won't be disappointed if Willis becomes his ace athlete in Buffalo.

Willis is a good pick...I'm hoping we get either Durant of Hampton, Beason from Florida as well, and I could see us going for DeOssie from Brown at the end. Obviously I agree with you linebacker at the moment is a big need. I'd like to see us take a flyer on Jonathan Wade at corner in the second if Beason or Timmons aren't around. We've got a lot of ways to help ourselves and no shortage of pretty darn good choices in the second and third rounds.

Willis is a good pick...I'm hoping we get either Durant of Hampton, Beason from Florida as well, and I could see us going for DeOssie from Brown at the end. Obviously I agree with you linebacker at the moment is a big need. I'd like to see us take a flyer on Jonathan Wade at corner in the second if Beason or Timmons aren't around. We've got a lot of ways to help ourselves and no shortage of pretty darn good choices in the second and third rounds.

I like Durant and Beason too. One might be there with our second round pick

After we flip first round picks with SD for the Burner, we might draft Beason at 30.

What a steal that would be! Our 12th for Turner and Beason- two huge needs filled with 3 more picks in the second and third rounds. We could draft CB-WR-LB or maybe even Leonard for FB- I love it!

No. Miami. Players. Please.

And no Virgos or Lybras either. :blink:

Evaluate each player individually, and if we could get Beason and Turner with our #12 and take a corner at #43 I would be happy, but I still like Willis at #12 as the better impact, and get Turner with our second rounder or take a RB in the second. Or Peterson at #12 and trade up to get Poz.

What a steal that would be! Our 12th for Turner and Beason- two huge needs filled with 3 more picks in the second and third rounds. We could draft CB-WR-LB or maybe even Leonard for FB- I love it!

I hear ya, but the Bills would likely have to toss in a 3rd rounder as well. My feeling is that with the Packers (and possibly others) bidding as well, the switch of 1st round picks wouldn't be enough.

I hear ya, but the Bills would likely have to toss in a 3rd rounder as well. My feeling is that with the Packers (and possibly others) bidding as well, the switch of 1st round picks wouldn't be enough.

Swapping 1sts is already too much. No way we move that far down, especially when an outstanding prospect will probably be on the board at 12. I would even be upset if we gave up our 2nd. Consider for a minute that McGahee, a much more highly touted RB, and one still probably more valuable then (the backup) Turner, went for 2 3rds. I have to assume, for sake of sanity, that our brain-trust is more clever then that.

After we flip first round picks with SD for the Burner, we might draft Beason at 30.

You do not want to flip first rounders with the Chargers. If the Bills did that, i would automatically scream frantically because i would know that Marv had an epileptic episode, and on Instant Messanger typed in "yes" by chance when AJ Smith asked if that was a suitable deal.

In all seriousness, please stop it, the idea is retarded.

You do not want to flip first rounders with the Chargers. If the Bills did that, i would automatically scream frantically because i would know that Marv had an epileptic episode, and on Instant Messanger typed in "yes" by chance when AJ Smith asked if that was a suitable deal.

In all seriousness, please stop it, the idea is retarded.

Thank You :blink:

No. Miami. Players. Please.

i don't know that jim kelly kid worked out just fine!...........if the talent is equal i like players from the cold states,but i would not purposely leave out players from miami just because of the bad expierience we had with willis mcgahee.go bills in"07

12. Bills, LB Patrick Willis

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=192386

Past picks

1. Raiders, QB JaMarcus Russell

2. Lions, DE Gaines Adams

3. Browns, RB Adrian Peterson

4. Bucs, WR Calvin Johnson

5. Cardinals, OT Joe Thomas

6. Redskins, DE Jamaal Anderson

7. Vikings, CB Leon Hall

8. Falcons, S LaRon Landry

9. Dolphins, OT Levi Brown

10. Texans, WR/KR Ted Ginn Jr.

11. 49ers, DT Alan Branch

Just in case you missed the first 11 episodes, you can catch up below. In summary, it's Offense 6, Defense 5, Brady Quinn 0. Let's get it out of way right away: With J.P Losman already in Buffalo, Quinn won't go there. Moving on. ...

Although the Bills have gotten more headlines for their offeseason departures -- Nate Clements, London Fletcher-Baker, Willis McGahee and Takeo Spikes among them -- they've also made a few good additions. That group includes left guard Derrick Dockery, right tackle Langston Walker, and most recently, defensive tackle Darwin Walker.

Clements and McGahee were arguably the team's respective best defensive and offensive players. Whether or not the Bills take a young cornerback, however, they will have a big dropoff at that position from what Clements brought. Anthony Thomas currently is the Bills' top running back after McGahee's departure, but I think they can wait to add a young one a round or two later.

The Bills do, however, need immediate help at linebacker after losing the experienced combination of Fletcher-Baker and Spikes. The only question is, do they go for middle or outside?

My two favorite linebackers in this draft are easily Penn State's Paul Posluszny and Ole Miss' Patrick Willis. As college football's past two Butkus Award winners, I was left impressed every time I saw each of them in action. Posluszny also has impressed many with his efforts to come back strong from his 2006 knee injury; Willis has done it with terrific speed and athleticism in workouts.

Posluszny and Willis are a wash in terms of smarts and competitiveness, so it's down to which linebacker can have a greater immediate impact and for which other roles the current Bills linebackers are best suited.

Final decision: Willis. He wins out because the Bills need to go for speed in the middle over sturdiness on the outside. Willis' fresh legs flying around the field can more than make up for the range that Fletcher-Baker had been starting to lose. If Angelo Crowell comes back to form from breaking a bone in his left leg last Week 13, Buffalo will compensate for the veteran losses rather well.

Bills coach Dick Jauron benefited from having a big playmaker at middle linebacker in Chicago -- Brian Urlacher -- and he won't be disappointed if Willis becomes his ace athlete in Buffalo.

If Willis is there at 12, that will be pretty difficult to pass up. But, I have a feeling he will be gone. I can't believe that Minnesota or Miami will pass on Brady Quinn. Minnesota thinks they are going to win with Tavaras Jackson? Thats a joke. And who does Miami plan on starting? Wow. Having watched Leon Hall for 4 years at Michigan, he is good, but just not that dominant. I believe that CB's are overvalued coming out of college. None of them are going to be shutdown corners right away so why take them so high?

Does anyone think we take Okoye at 12 given the trade for D. Walker if Willis is not still on the board? Or are we going LB all the way? With Marv who really knows.