Peyton Manning SNL skit that was cut

jri111

Not Bils related so i apoligize, but I thought this was TOO FUNNY not to post...

If you saw SNL last saturday night you probably saw the Manning/United Way skit...it was pretty darn funny! if not here it is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZpPf-q2_es

But here's a scene that was described in Seth Wickersham's Blog on ESPN insider that didn't make the cut...

"I thought Peyton Manning was pretty good on Saturday Night Live, even though you could tell he was reading from the cards a little too much. The United Way spot was classic. But the best joke might not have been seen or heard. I pulled this from my buddy Dan Shanoff's blog. One of his readers was in the audience for SNL, and filed this:

I attended last night's SNL dress rehearsal, where Lorne Michaels decides what sketches and jokes to keep, and which to dump.

Anyway, during Peyton's monologue, Amy Poeler was dressed in a Patriots jersey and heckled Peyton, saying "What does Tom Brady and the Circus have in common? They both have two more rings than you."

Peyton stared right back and said, "That's not the ONLY thing he'll have two more of."

Ouch."

Man that would have been funny to see!

Not Bils related so i apoligize, but I thought this was TOO FUNNY not to post...

If you saw SNL last saturday night you probably saw the Manning/United Way skit...it was pretty darn funny! if not here it is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZpPf-q2_es

But here's a scene that was described in Seth Wickersham's Blog on ESPN insider that didn't make the cut...

"I thought Peyton Manning was pretty good on Saturday Night Live, even though you could tell he was reading from the cards a little too much. The United Way spot was classic. But the best joke might not have been seen or heard. I pulled this from my buddy Dan Shanoff's blog. One of his readers was in the audience for SNL, and filed this:

I attended last night's SNL dress rehearsal, where Lorne Michaels decides what sketches and jokes to keep, and which to dump.

Anyway, during Peyton's monologue, Amy Poeler was dressed in a Patriots jersey and heckled Peyton, saying "What does Tom Brady and the Circus have in common? They both have two more rings than you."

Peyton stared right back and said, "That's not the ONLY thing he'll have two more of."

Ouch."

wait a sec. you're telling me that you saw on you tube that seth wickershsham saw a blog on dan shanoff's blog that one of his reader's can confirm this?

your sources seem solid enough...

wait a sec. you're telling me that you saw on you tube that seth wickershsham saw a blog on dan shanoff's blog that one of his reader's can confirm this?

your sources seem solid enough...

Either way, I was acutally highly impressed by Manning. He really held is own and was actually quite funny.

Either way, I was acutally highly impressed by Manning. He really held is own and was actually quite funny.

i was just messing around. i think Manning has pretty good comedic timing. for some crazy reason i like the commerical where he has the fake mustache on and says something like ...if you like 6'5" quaretbacks...rocket arm..." his delivery is pretty good.

Manning was quite funny, I thought, though the last few skits he was involed in were pretty weak. Other than Manning's first few skits (in particular the 300 spoof, the ESPN basketball pool, and the United Way commercial) and Smigel's classic funhouse spoof of Dora, the rest of the show was typical SNL of late: unwatchable.

i was just messing around. i think Manning has pretty good comedic timing. for some crazy reason i like the commerical where he has the fake mustache on and says something like ...if you like 6'5" quaretbacks...rocket arm..." his delivery is pretty good.

Does he not look like Ray Romano in that commercial?

Manning was quite funny, I thought, though the last few skits he was involed in were pretty weak. Other than Manning's first few skits (in particular the 300 spoof, the ESPN basketball pool, and the United Way commercial) and Smigel's classic funhouse spoof of Dora, the rest of the show was typical SNL of late: unwatchable.

i disagree, the basketball coach sketch was RIDICULUOUS, as was the one-upper, and the scene with Peyton and Wife on the porch drinking coffee-from which came his line, "I've kept a couple slices of ham in pants for the past three weeks just so I could have a secret." They don't give those kind of lines to hacks like Brady!

Ouch."

Now that would've been good, biting comedy. Also, Timmo, youtube is the new cnn, didnt you get the memo?

Well, two pregnant girlfriends means that Brady has had sex at least twice, which is two more times than Manning.

Are you claiming that Peyton is a true member of the Shaun Alexander douche bag brigade?

He was about 200% better than MC Hammer.

Did you see that one?

Not only was he the host, but the musical guest as well.

Double Suckage!

Now that would've been good, biting comedy. Also, Timmo, youtube is the new cnn, didnt you get the memo?

Are you claiming that Peyton is a true member of the Shaun Alexander douche bag brigade?

i wasn't aware of that at all. in fact, my 12 year old had to correct me one day when I mentioned he could not have an account on "your space". anyway, i retired my cnn hat and coffee mug due to their biased reporting. i'll take a look at you tube before i pass judgement.

I even liked the meatloaf car skit...that was pretty funny as well

i disagree, the basketball coach sketch was RIDICULUOUS, as was the one-upper, and the scene with Peyton and Wife on the porch drinking coffee-from which came his line, "I've kept a couple slices of ham in pants for the past three weeks just so I could have a secret." They don't give those kind of lines to hacks like Brady!