Is Mccargo healthy?

freester

Is he fully recovered from his fractured foot? Will he be on the PUP list? This is an issue the bills have not discussed publicly. I know his agent Hadley Englehard, and I will ask him about it this weekend when I see him-although I don't know if he will tell me the truth.

Didn't I read somewhere his first surgery wasn't done properly...something about he needed to have pins placed, and this time they did that, or am I thinking of some other player? Can someone confirm this?

I believe he stated that at a press conference or in an interview...something about the pins may be but also how at NCState the procedures simply "fixed" the problem, but whatever the Bills did evidently took more preventative measures...

Didn't I read somewhere his first surgery wasn't done properly...something about he needed to have pins placed, and this time they did that, or am I thinking of some other player? Can someone confirm this?

Yep, that was the word. First Dr. "screwed up" , now he should be better than new!

Here's a previous discussion on the topic - w/ a link to a clip on BB.com

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...=59649&st=0

I did not go back and read any previous threads or links, but here's my understanding of the situation: the doctors at NCSU did not "screw up" -- they simply treated McCargo's injury in a less-invasive (yet medically acceptable) manner and did not insert hardware. Following the re-break, the doctors decided to go with the hardware in the hopes that doing so would prevent further occurrence of the same injury.

This is oddly similar to what happened w/ Hank Tallinder (Sabres). His broken arm from the playoffs last Spring was at first treated non-invasively, but after he broke it in the same place earlier this season the doctors inserted hardware.

Presuming there were no surgical complications, I do not know why McCargo would not be fully recovered and ready to go this year.