Sabres on Comcast.net tonight

BB27

AD, just curious. Do you know how many roster spots we get in the playoffs? Is it a big increase as it is for baseball?

I know you are not asking me, and I likely don't have this right, but I thought I heard that there was some new rule, which only allowed each team 4 roster moves between the trade deadline, and the end of their farm teams' playoff run.

I heard (on GR55 I believe around the time we got Zubrus) that the teams in the minor leauges had been complaining, for years, about the roster moves between they and the bigs, ruining their own championship quests in the minors. As of right now, I think, the Sabres have used two moves. I an understand the complaint from the minors (they are trying to draw crowds and turn a profit too), but that seems like an awfully narrow margin of error for the NHL teams.

Can anyone confirm or deny any of this?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you are not asking me, and I likely don't have this right, but I thought I heard that there was some new rule, which only allowed each team 4 roster moves between the trade deadline, and the end of their farm teams' playoff run.

I heard (on GR55 I believe around the time we got Zubrus) that the teams in the minor leauges had been complaining, for years, about the roster moves between they and the bigs, ruining their own championship quests in the minors. As of right now, I think, the Sabres have used two moves. I an understand the complaint from the minors (they are trying to draw crowds and turn a profit too), but that seems like an awfully narrow margin of error for the NHL teams.

Can anyone confirm or deny any of this?

I think you have it right. But, I'm not an NHL manager, I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.