Could Spikes being going to S.D. and Bills getting Turner??

Michael Turner looks like the real deal but it seems as if teams are not giving S.D. what they are looking for in terms of fair trade value. I think San Diego is starting to realize they need to get something decent for him as opposed to losing him next year and receiving nothing in return. San Diego has the cap room to easily acquire Spikes as well as an opening at LB with Donnie Edwards back in K.C. No one knows for sure the status on Spikes health but that is one dude you can never bet against and he did start to come on during the last couple of games and now has a whole offseason to get back to 100%. He may never get to the level he once was but I still think he's got some good mileage left on him at only age 30 and if the Bills are determined to unload him, I would at least like to see something decent in return. No one can question is heart and his motor.

I'm curious if the injury he had at the beginning of the year completely stalled his progress from the ACH injury because that first play of the season when he pounced on Brady, I thought for sure that was a sign of things to come and Spikes was back.

How about a Turner for Spikes trade with the Bills also giving S.D. one of our two 3rd round picks???

We gave away McGahee for just a 3rd round pick so maybe the Chargers bite and pick up two needs for insurance in case they get nothing for Turner next year when he walks.

The third round pick the Chargers acquire from us can be used to draft a WR they so desperately need and we can fill a hole (RB) that we desperately need to fill. Taking Spikes money off our cap can be used to sign Turner to a new contract before we make the deal so we ensure he won't be leaving us anytime soon.

What do you guys/gals think??

Anything is possible, but its extremely unlikely. The biggest reason that the Bills are unloading Takeo Spikes is for financial reasons. If they trade for Turner, they'll probably have to sign him to contract extension and based on what we've seen this offseason, he could very well get $10M or more up front and a larger overall contract than Spikes originally signed.