Leafs or Dolphins who do you like to beat more?

millbank

Not close for me, mili. Pre-Sabres, Toronto was my team. Eddie Shack, Dave Keon, etc. Toronto is the home of hockey, IMO and I respect that.

The Phins just phucking suck...hard and all day long!

• 1 year later...

Pats*

I have to admit that some of my hatred for Miami wore off since the Bills owned them for most of the '90s and they've been terrible for years. But then I see a clip of Shula and it all comes right back. :) Miami!

EASILY THE DOLPHINS. But I don't think we, as Sabres fans hate the Leafs as much as we hate the Senators.

Believe it or not, I have to agree with the our esteemed colleague from Oneonta or LaSalle :blink: . The Dolphins hands down. Especially with Mrs. Bullpen being a die-hard fins fan. :P

I'm obviously not on the "front lines" like you guys back home, but when it comes to hockey, I hate the Senators more than the Leaves. That being said, the Penguins and "Everyone's All-American" Sidney Crosby are quickly becoming a team I'm beginning to loathe quite a bit.

Believe it or not, I have to agree with the our esteemed colleague from Oneonta or LaSalle :blink: . The Dolphins hands down. Especially with Mrs. Bullpen being a die-hard fins fan. :P

I'm obviously not on the "front lines" like you guys back home, but when it comes to hockey, I hate the Senators more than the Leaves. That being said, the Penguins and "Everyone's All-American" Sidney Crosby are quickly becoming a team I'm beginning to loathe quite a bit.

There are many hockey teams I despise worse than the Leafs. The Devils, Islanders, Flyers, Stars and Senators come to mind. I used to despise the Habs, but I have mellowed a little, on them.

There are many hockey teams I despise worse than the Leafs. The Devils, Islanders, Flyers, Stars and Senators come to mind. I used to despise the Habs, but I have mellowed a little, on them.

1a. Flyers

1b. Sens

2. Canes (more toward their "fans" after the 05-06 ECF)

and then the Leafs.

2. Canes (more toward their "fans" after the 05-06 ECF)

and then the Leafs.

well...to be perfectly honest, us Sabre fans were the bigger pricks during that ECF. Can you imagine a 'Cane Alley' in Buffalo that dished out an equivalent level of abuse to Sabres fans? I suspect there would have been a lot of fights.

Patriots, for sure, with the Dolphins a close second. I really only hate the Leafs when the Sabres lose to them, i.e. I don't actively root for them to lose their other games like I do with the Pats. However, I've never lived in Buffalo or been to a Leafs-Sabres game, so I've never had to put up any Toronto fans. Besides, it's always the fans I hate the most :P

well...to be perfectly honest, us Sabre fans were the bigger pricks during that ECF. Can you imagine a 'Cane Alley' in Buffalo that dished out an equivalent level of abuse to Sabres fans? I suspect there would have been a lot of fights.

I was there for Game 5 and I thought a lot of their fans were equal to the task of being pricks, IMO. After we lost in OT people were throwing stuff at my wife and my sister-in-law and trying to pick fights with us, and just acting like general douchebags. Left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Patriots, for sure, with the Dolphins a close second. I really only hate the Leafs when the Sabres lose to them, i.e. I don't actively root for them to lose their other games like I do with the Pats. However, I've never lived in Buffalo or been to a Leafs-Sabres game, so I've never had to put up any Toronto fans. Besides, it's always the fans I hate the most :P

Tis true... the Fins are like the local bully on the block that has been exposed as a fraud. I've said here in the past (but of course that's lost due to the "crash") the Bills/Fins rivalry isn't what it used to be because collectively we aren't as good as the *'s in New England. Once both teams get better, I can see this rivalry generating some filth and venom again.

So in summation and retracting my earlier statement, I hate the *'s more than the Fins right now and the Sens more than the Leafs, but the Pens are gaining ground on both of them as long as the NHL keeps "manipulating" the calls to get Sid on the big stage. (ala' the Outdoor Classic shootout).

I was there for Game 5 and I thought a lot of their fans were equal to the task of being pricks, IMO. After we lost in OT people were throwing stuff at my wife and my sister-in-law and trying to pick fights with us, and just acting like general douchebags. Left a very bad taste in my mouth.

That's not cool.

I was actually surprised I didn't see more crap like that after game 7, given how fired up the Sabre crowd had been since about 2:00 that afternoon.... :P

Live in Leaf region and not be a leaf fan, its really hard not to hate them. They are a cocky crowd who think they are in the elite because back in the 60's they won some SC's, they also are convinced that every FA or star player is on their way to TO, and that every player dreams of playing there.

for Hockey, Leafs, Sens are probably at the top of my list. I don't have that hatred for the Flyers that apparently I am supposed to have, probably because I was not around in the 70's when the rivalry was at its highest

For Football, definitly Pats (just because of their dominance over the AFC East and the League), Phins, (because I did grow up watching the Bills and Fins in the 90's with the Kelly/Marino games, and the rivalry was still relevent. Now I don't think its much of a rivalry because neither team has been great in a while), and then the Cowgirls (they remind me of Leafs fans, just annoying fans in general). I don't really have a hatred for the Jets, I don't like them cause they are a division rival, but I don't dispise them.

That's not cool.

I was actually surprised I didn't see more crap like that after game 7, given how fired up the Sabre crowd had been since about 2:00 that afternoon.... :P

The thing that really surprised me was that we met a lot of good Canes fans around Sabres Alley, but after the game there were a lot douchebags (that's my word today) who wanted to cause problems.

I know the Phins are the Bills rivals but I can't stand the Pats. Kind of strange that some of my favorite football moments are of Brady Bunch whining to the officials if a play doesn't go right or if they are behind, I love the shots of him pouting on the sideline. Such a leader though :thumbsup: