I wonder what kind of "change" . . . .

Peter

You see the trouble is, now that there are thousands sources of information, it's to complex to filter it.  Bring back the days when Walter had all the right answers and NYT would only put out news that's fit to print.

67678[/snapback]

You are correct. There are thousands of sources, but anyone with a brain can filter out the ones with extreme bias. Everyone knows that Drudge will slant the news one way, and the NYT will slant the other way, and both have also been known to make stuff up in order to fit their agendas. Therefore when reading these sources, this must be kept in mind

Critical analysis takes time and effort. I know that people are too lazy to do it (just look at the majority of people here), but it is necessary in order to fully understand world events. If you just blindly believe what you are told by the boob tube/political candidates/etc, then you are nothing more than a fool.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy, the hatred that spews forth from some of you on the right is just downright comical  :doh: !  Bush is on his way out, and the truth hurts dsoesn't it?

It must be killing you guys to know that Bush is falling flat on his face.  Flame me all you want children, I'll be laughing at YOU on November 3rd.  Gotta run, have a nice day!

67770[/snapback]

Yeah, there is no hatred coming from the left. Nice try sweetie, but you are continually exposing yourself to be a complete idiot. The desperation in your (collective your) posts is amazing. How can you people actually look at yourselves in the mirror, after posting crap like this?

Yeah, there is no hatred coming from the left. Nice try sweetie, but you are continually exposing yourself to be a complete idiot. The desperation in your (collective your) posts is amazing. How can you people actually look at yourselves in the mirror, after posting crap like this?

67854[/snapback]

Desperation in my posts? Where? You're being delusional. You can't defend Bush so you attack the poster, typical from some of you on the right. Why don't you try sticking to the topic at hand instead of resorting to petty insults and namecalling? Or is that all you can contribute? Your anger is very telling, could it possibly stem from desperation?

Desperation in my posts?  Where?  You're being delusional.  You can't defend Bush so you attack the poster, typical from some of you on the right.  Why don't you try sticking to the topic at hand instead of resorting to petty insults and namecalling?  Or is that all you can contribute?  Your anger is very telling, could it possibly stem from desperation?

68227[/snapback]

Weak response. I would expect better, but I have read your posts, and know that you cannot do better.

Why would I defend Bush? Why am I a rightie? I have blasted both sides for the same stupidity. Reading comprehension is obviously not one of your strengths. Take a deep breath, stop foaming at the mouth, and acutally read my posts.

Now, look who is talking about contributing nothing. Next time, look in the mirror. You are nothing more than a political hack, who is incapable of rationally discussing issues. You are just obviously repeating what others tell you.

Now, run along and turn on the boob tube to see what your opinion du jour will be.

Desperation in my posts?  Where?  You're being delusional.  You can't defend Bush so you attack the poster, typical from some of you on the right.  Why don't you try sticking to the topic at hand instead of resorting to petty insults and namecalling?  Or is that all you can contribute?  Your anger is very telling, could it possibly stem from desperation?

68227[/snapback]

I invite you to read the "know it all" thread, unless you only read threads you post in. Some of the points of view you might be looking for might be there.

Also, anyone watching would have seen the game playing by Germany coming long ago. Wait until France chimes in.

Weak response. I would expect better, but I have read your posts, and know that you cannot do better.

Why would I defend Bush? Why am I a rightie? I have blasted both sides for the same stupidity. Reading comprehension is obviously not one of your strengths. Take a deep breath, stop foaming at the mouth, and acutally read my posts.

Now, look who is talking about contributing nothing. Next time, look in the mirror. You are nothing more than a political hack, who is incapable of rationally discussing issues. You are just obviously repeating what others tell you.

Now, run along and turn on the boob tube to see what your opinion du jour will be.

68240[/snapback]

Obviously she is part of the new school system where reading and writing skills are optional to graduate. I am so sorry for this country in a few years.

Good afternoon, ladies & gentlemen.

In world news today, Germany and France publicly indicated an increased willingness to support the coalition in Iraq, provided changed conditions. They did not elaborate whether they meant a changed political climate, or a change in the weather.

This follows months of behind the scenes activities by the reluctant allies to restore relations with the US.

While it is no secret that the two European powers would desire a John Kerry presidency, and have been less than circumspect in their moves to help sway the US electorate towards the outcome, they also recognize that a destabilized Mid East would be a grave danger to their countries.

Increasing chatter among diplomatic circles indicate a definitive warming of the cross-Atlantic relations, paving the way for increased European participation in Iraq, no matter who wins the November 3 elections.

In other news, Mike Mularkey refused to trash his players in public, provoking outcries of protest in Western New York.

68240[/snapback]

And you know me because you've been here since yesterday :w00t: ? Like I said, you have nothing better to say so you attack me. It doesn't bother me EB, as a matter of fact, I find it amusing :P . Have a nice day in your rotten little world with AD :D .

And you know me because you've been here since yesterday  :w00t: ?  Like I said, you have nothing better to say so you attack me.  It doesn't bother me EB, as a matter of fact, I find it amusing  :P .  Have a nice day in your rotten little world with AD  :D .

68412[/snapback]

As I mentioned in another post, I have been lurking for a while before registering. Of course, that would have required you to actually pay attention, which I know is a stretch for you.

Keep it up, sweetie. I am glad you find your stupidity amuzing. They say, ignorance is bliss, which explains why you are so happy.

Hmmm, "the new school system"?  How young do you think I am VA?

68420[/snapback]

Just curious. Did you take me up on reading the other thread? I'm not going to post the same thing in two different places when I can reference, or does discourse on a subject interfere with ranting?

And you know me because you've been here since yesterday  :P ?  Like I said, you have nothing better to say so you attack me.  It doesn't bother me EB, as a matter of fact, I find it amusing  :D .  Have a nice day in your rotten little world with AD  :D .

68412[/snapback]

Um, if he's only been here one day, on what are you basing your assessment of him as pro-Bush?

Oh…..right…...anyone who isn't screaming "Flightsuit", "Nazi" or "Halliburton" at the top of their lungs must be a devoted Rush listener and Bush fanatic. Brilliant. :w00t:

Um, if he's only been here one day, on what are you basing your assessment of him as pro-Bush?

Oh…..right…...anyone who isn't screaming "Flightsuit", "Nazi" or "Halliburton" at the top of their lungs must be a devoted Rush listener and Bush fanatic.  Brilliant.  :w00t:

68491[/snapback]

:P

It is amazing the thought processes that go on with some of these people.

Just curious. Did you take me up on reading the other thread? I'm not going to post the same thing in two different places when I can reference, or does discourse on a subject interfere with ranting?

68439[/snapback]

No, I haven't had a chance, but I will. I assumed that because it was a "know it all" thread that it just consisted of republicans trying to one up each other! Just kidding :P ! Relax people! Sometimes I forget that happy, well-adjusted people aren't welcome on this board, and therefore I really shouldn't try to be humorous, lest I upset the angry, bitter and nasty people who get their jollies out of trying to demean others.

Speaking to those same angry, bitter and nasty people (you know who you are), don't you get called a complete !@#$ in your daily life sometimes? Or do you have respect for other's opinions when you are face to face and not hiding behind a keyboard :w00t: ?

No, I haven't had a chance, but I will.  I assumed that because it was a "know it all" thread that it just consisted of republicans trying to one up each other!  Just kidding  :lol: !  Relax people!  Sometimes I forget that happy, well-adjusted people aren't welcome on this board, and therefore I really shouldn't try to be humorous, lest I upset the angry, bitter and nasty people who get their jollies out of trying to demean others. 

Speaking to those same angry, bitter and nasty people (you know who you are), don't you get called a complete !@#$ in your daily life sometimes?  Or do you have respect for other's opinions when you are face to face and not hiding behind a keyboard  :huh: ?

68649[/snapback]

I assume you're talking to me. :D

First, I'm neither bitter nor angry.

Second, I routinely get called names in real life. No big deal. Never happens from people who matter.

Third, I only respect opinions that are demonstrably well-founded in rational thought. On this board, for example...Mickey, and KTFABD are people whose opinions I respect, albiet disagree with almost constantly. People like RiO or blzrul, on the other hand, I universally disrespect, even when I agree with them, because they wouldn't know a clue if it walked up and bit them in the ass.

As for you...in all honesty, the jury's still out. :D:P

(And as a PS...I can't recall every saying anything on the board that I wouldn't say - or haven't said - to someone's face.)

Speaking to those same angry, bitter and nasty people (you know who you are), don't you get called a complete !@#$ in your daily life sometimes?  Or do you have respect for other's opinions when you are face to face and not hiding behind a keyboard  :huh: ?

68649[/snapback]

If people put even an ounce of effort into their opinions, then I have respect for them. If they show that they put no effort into their opinions, then their opinions are worthless, because they are not opinions but just regurgitation of someone else’s opinion.

The same rules apply whether I am “behind a keyboard” or face to face.

I assume you're talking to me.  :huh:

First, I'm neither bitter nor angry.

Second, I routinely get called names in real life.  No big deal.  Never happens from people who matter.

Third, I only respect opinions that are demonstrably well-founded in rational thought.  On this board, for example...Mickey, and KTFABD are people whose opinions I respect, albiet disagree with almost constantly.  People like RiO or blzrul, on the other hand, I universally disrespect, even when I agree with them, because they wouldn't know a clue if it walked up and bit them in the ass. 

As for you...in all honesty, the jury's still out.  :lol:  :D

(And as a PS...I can't recall every saying anything on the board that I wouldn't say - or haven't said - to someone's face.)

68672[/snapback]

Believe it or not, I wasn't referring to you. I read here somewhere (correct me if I'm wrong) that you recently got married (congratulations!), so you must be happy and at least somewhat well-adjusted since you convinced her to marry you! Just kidding!! You haven't attacked me personally thus far, so no, I wasn't referring to you. Sorry :D !

Actually Tom, I will say that I do respect your opinions, I don't doubt that you know what you're talking about, and I don't profess to know more than you do about certain things. But then, I don't get involved in threads that I know little about either, nor do I get involved in threads that don't interest me. What I can't stand is those people who come into a thread just to launch a personal attack.

It just sucks when an interesting thread is invariably reduced to a pissing contest because people refuse respect one another's opinions. It's childish.

Where do opinions stop and rants begin? You're initial post was flavored with "Take THAT Bushyites!". Nothing in so far as pros-cons-right-wrongs...

That's how these things get started. It's in the presentation. As far a a sense of humor, we all have one one way or another-but these are serious subjects requiring serious thought. Many people take it that way. When there is honest discussion about what the global war on terror is about and who is best in position to address it, nah-nee nah-nee boo boo doesn't help explain anything, whether it comes from you, me RiO, Tenny or whoever.