Your choice for home opener?

thebug

Good morning all - What game would you folks like to see for the home opener....I'm looking forward to this years home schedule but I think it would be wicked if we played the Cowboys on opening weekend...The atmosphere would be crazy! I guess now the same thing could be said for the Ravens game as well....

Go Bills!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning all - What game would you folks like to see for the home opener....I'm looking forward to this years home schedule but I think it would be wicked if we played the Cowboys on opening weekend...The atmosphere would be crazy! I guess now the same thing could be said for the Ravens game as well....

Go Bills!

Cowboys would be great - I'd prefer to see the Ravens later in the season when(hopefully) our O line has a few games under their belt as a unit.

If we opened with the Cardinals, Lions or Raiders it would be good. We'd get any easy win under our belts.

It would be good to get the Patriots first too. They usually don't play well early and we could win that. Any of those four would be fine with me.

Since home openers are usually a sellout, they should play a less attractive team like the Lions or Cardinals who wouldn't draw as well in cold weather or if the Bills are out of playoff contention, and play against more interesting teams later that would draw more fans to the games.

Since home openers are usually a sellout, they should play a less attractive team like the Lions or Cardinals who wouldn't draw as well in cold weather or if the Bills are out of playoff contention, and play against more interesting teams later that would draw more fans to the games.

Why are we talking about the Lions or Cardinals....we know who the Bills play at home this season?

Go Bills!

Why are we talking about the Lions or Cardinals....we know who the Bills play at home this season?

Go Bills!

Scroll down on the main page. There is a thread about ESPN having a special in a few weeks to announce the schedule. We won't know who we play until then.

No offense to Bills Daily but they are hardly official.

Scroll down on the main page. There is a thread about ESPN having a special in a few weeks to announce the schedule. We won't know who we play until then.

We know who we play...we just don't know when...

click the link on R.Rich's last post

Go Bills!

Nope - we know who we play and we know if its home or away, we don't know when we play them. The only thing that might change is if there's a conflict, natural disaster, or if they adjust the games based on last year = doubtful. The scheduling rules are fairly complicated, but is essence we have to play every team, home and away, in a 6 or 7 year period.

Edit: um yeah click on the link provided nicely by R.Rich.

Nope - we know who we play and we know if its home or away, we don't know when we play them. The only thing that might change is if there's a conflict, natural disaster, or if they adjust the games based on last year = doubtful. The scheduling rules are fairly complicated, but is essence we have to play every team, home and away, in a 6 or 7 year period.

:worthy::beer::lol:

6 games are against the division teams. That is all we know for sure. The rest is specualtion based on last year's finish but won't be final until the draft and free agency are through.

6 games are against the division teams. That is all we know for sure. The rest is specualtion based on last year's finish but won't be final until the draft and free agency are through.

Wow if that's true....the Bills just wasted a lot of money on printing!

Go Bills!

From your link:

Teams are guaranteed to play all non-division opponents in their conference at least once every three years, and at home at least once every six years.

I hope this is the year we play the Lions, Cards and Raiders. That is all I'm saying.

The site projects the opponents, it does not say they are definite. If we play the Cards this year, we won't play them next year.

Dude - we are playing the NFC EAST this year - just like we play an NFC division(4 games) EVERY year. That is not speculation. That is fact. Look it up - who did we play last year? Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay. Do you think it's merely an amazing coincidence that they all happen to be in the NFC North? Also, we play ANOTHER DIVISION in the AFC. Look at last year's schedule - Indy, Houston, Tennesse, Jacksonville - again, is that an amazing coincidence, or is it the teams from the AFC SOUTH? This year we are playing the AFC North.

We also have to play the AFC teams we haven't played in a while to satisfy the 7 years thing - and that is the only thing effected by last years results.

So, in reality, there are only 2 games on our schedule that aren't set in STONE each year. And the first consideration is who we have played at home and away in recent years, the second is results of last season.

From your link:

I hope this is the year we play the Lions, Cards and Raiders. That is all I'm saying.

The site projects the opponents, it does not say they are definite. If we play the Cards this year, we won't play them next year.

You have to be kidding me......you don't see where it says who they play.....I have sitting in front of me (from the Buffalo Bills) a printout of who the Bills play at home this year.....We Play the Ravens, Bungles, Cowboys, Broncos, Dolphins, Pats, Jets, and Giants at HOME.......all that is to be determined are the dates?

Dude - we are playing the NFC EAST this year - just like we play an NFC division(4 games) EVERY year. That is not speculation. That is fact. Look it up - who did we play last year? Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay. Do you think it's merely an amazing coincidence that they all happen to be in the NFC North?

We also have to play the AFC teams we haven't played in a while to satisfy the 7 years thing - and that is the only thing effected by last years results.

So, in reality, there are only 6 games on our schedule that aren't set in STONE each year. And the first consideration is who we have played at home and away in recent years, the second is results of last season.

So if I have this right the Bills know their schedule every year but the rest of the NFL is guessing all the time? That makes no sense and wouldn't be fair. If you are so smart and know the Bills schedule why not the Eagles schedule? If you can use your ESC on the football schedule, why not the stock market?

Come on, I love the Bills too and know a l ot, but I don't claim to know everything. Just watch that ESPN show and enjoy yourself.

I hope we play the Cardinals.