What happened to this board???

nemhoff

you know I don't have the most posts here, but I do check for news and updates every day over the past three years. What has happened to this board? Three years ago it was filled with really good conversation on the Bills, people talking with respect for each other, and questions being answered by real and smart fans.

It seems now that the jr. high kids have taken over. Who the hell is Goo? We now have people talking smack to each other that are supposedly on the same team, and I am not talking about trolls.

I miss the old days of the Stevestojan filter, LA Billz laying it down, LSI, Clumping, and DIBS holding down the fort. Is there any way that we can kick out everyone that wasn't born before 1994?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know I don't have the most posts here, but I do check for news and updates every day over the past three years. What has happened to this board? Three years ago it was filled with really good conversation on the Bills, people talking with respect for each other, and questions being answered by real and smart fans.

It seems now that the jr. high kids have taken over. Who the hell is Goo? We now have people talking smack to each other that are supposedly on the same team, and I am not talking about trolls.

I miss the old days of the Stevestojan filter, LA Billz laying it down, LSI, Clumping, and DIBS holding down the fort. Is there any way that we can kick out everyone that wasn't born before 1994?

With your "Who the hell is Goo?" comment you just did what you are talking about did you not?

GO BILLS!

i don't get it?

i don't get it?

Boondock, great flick first of all. My point is that 2 years before you showed up this board was all about the Bills and their fans talking to each other. It seems that things have slipped, dudes are trashing each other. My call out to Goo is starting five pointless polls at the same time??? Things around here used to be a lot more pure about football fans than it seems they are now.

What did you mean by "Who the hell is Goo?" sounds like talkin smack? like he(or she) doesn't have the right to post here because he (or she) wasn't here in the "good old days"

Nawww, bug don't get me wrong, the bro started 5 polls about "the greatest" in about 2 minutes last night. I am west coast and saw it earlier than most closer to OP. Don't get me wrong, I love most the folks here and think that the oldies show up and talk some decent smack on the Bills. Times have changed though, and I am commenting on reverting to old form that had a little more posts on stuff that has some substance

Boondock, great flick first of all. My point is that 2 years before you showed up this board was all about the Bills and their fans talking to each other. It seems that things have slipped, dudes are trashing each other. My call out to Goo is starting five pointless polls at the same time??? Things around here used to be a lot more pure about football fans than it seems they are now.

It's a rough time of the year. The draft is still aways off. The fact that the last playoff game was over ten years ago doesn't help. But I would agree that these "what's your favotite color" and "favorite chick flick" do get a little old.

That's understandable. I think it is just a matter of the fact that the Bills are doing poorly and you can only complain for so long. I'm sure if their was something to talk about, people would be more than willing to discuss. I know i would be.

Things may improve in time, but for now i think everybody is just so upset with the way things have gone during the Donahoe era, and i think it is going to take time for everyone to move away from negativity and into discussion that will please all do to its relativity as well as humor and substance.

It's kinda like being married.....we talk nice at the beginning.....after that everything is fair game...

GO BILLS!

That's the problem with bills fans always living in the "good old days" :worthy: Who are you again Mr. I'm old school and better then the n00bs. If you want rational discussion about a topic start one.

High Motor, you have reinforced my point in that I wouldn't have to start one in the past to get one. But here we go anyway:

The Bills are going to have on the toughest schedules next year in the entire league, with no star RB on the roster, holes in the LB's, questions at the CB's that include who the heck is going to start, what are the keys to remaining FA and who is the most critical 1st round pick that we must take? I am not talking about giving me your full mock, give me your most critical, what position must be filled?

There you go, let's talk

That's understandable. I think it is just a matter of the fact that the Bills are doing poorly and you can only complain for so long. I'm sure if their was something to talk about, people would be more than willing to discuss. I know i would be.

Things may improve in time, but for now i think everybody is just so upset with the way things have gone during the Donahoe era, and i think it is going to take time for everyone to move away from negativity and into discussion that will please all do to its relativity as well as humor and substance.

I hear ya bro, I lived in OP during the Todd Collins era, yeah that sucked. I know that we can only speculate on the draft for so long, but I also think that there is enought to talk about that we don't need to throw it into the schhhhiitter so soon.

I think I understand the point of your post and I agree, to an extent.

Part of the problem is the time of the year. Little is ACTUALLY going on, but there are rumors and reports, and the occasional trade and signing. So we have the high traffic (as everyone is interested in what's going on) but little to actually discuss. The newcomers are always welcome, but this new batch doesn't seem to have the same "take it slowly in the new community" respect some of us old timers. (Gol dang whippersnappers. :worthy: )

One thing for sire, there are some real dim bulbs and humorless dolts among the newbies. Of course, they are a few sharp and witty ones, as well.

Glad to have you back in "town", nem.

High Motor, you have reinforced my point in that I wouldn't have to start one in the past to get one. But here we go anyway:

The Bills are going to have on the toughest schedules next year in the entire league, with no star RB on the roster, holes in the LB's, questions at the CB's that include who the heck is going to start, what are the keys to remaining FA and who is the most critical 1st round pick that we must take? I am not talking about giving me your full mock, give me your most critical, what position must be filled?

There you go, let's talk

Personally, I would say that from the stand point of building a team, running back is the way to go in the dirst round of the draft. It always adds stability to the team when you designate and offensive leader in terms of who is going to carry the rock. With this, you must be sure that you draft some with high character as you do not have a renactment of the Willis McGahee saga.

On the other side of the ball, it would not hurt to draft a defensive leader at the MLB position who will lead your team for years when your team does not have the ball. It would be similar to what the Jets did when they drafted Jonathan Vilma or when the Ravens drafted Ray Lewis in 1998. Much like designating the leader on the offensive side of the ball, MLB is a position which you can build a defense around. Based on the MLB that a team drafts, it dictates the kind of defense that any particular team is going to run.

I do not believe that we need a whole lot of help extremely early on in the draft in terms of the defensive line. With the rehabilitation of John McCargo i think that our defensive line will be upgraded from the status of what we had last year. With this upgraded status, i believe that it is vital that the defensive line unit needs to begin to use their strengths to their advantage. They are a fast agile group of players that should be stunting more than they were last season. Instead, we were asking undersized men to take on the mamouths of the NFL head on. When this occurs, the mamouths win almost every time.

How's that? :worthy:

I think I understand the point of your post and I agree, to an extent.

Part of the problem is the time of the year. Little is ACTUALLY going on, but there are rumors and reports, and the occasional trade and signing. So we have the high traffic (as everyone is interested in what's going on) but little to actually discuss. The newcomers are always welcome, but this new batch doesn't seem to have the same "take it slowly in the new community" respect some of us old timers. (Gol dang whippersnappers. :worthy: )

One thing for sire, there are some real dim bulbs and humorless dolts among the newbies. Of course, they are a few sharp and witty ones, as well.

Glad to have you back in "town", nem.

Thanks Dean, that's about all I was looking for. I am glad that I am not going crazy

Personally, I would say that from the stand point of building a team, running back is the way to go in the dirst round of the draft. It always adds stability to the team when you designate and offensive leader in terms of who is going to carry the rock. With this, you must be sure that you draft some with high character as you do not have a renactment of the Willis McGahee saga.

On the other side of the ball, it would not hurt to draft a defensive leader at the MLB position who will lead your team for years when your team does not have the ball. It would be similar to what the Jets did when they drafted Jonathan Vilma or when the Ravens drafted Ray Lewis in 1998. Much like designating the leader on the offensive side of the ball, MLB is a position which you can build a defense around. Based on the MLB that a team drafts, it dictates the kind of defense that any particular team is going to run.

I do not believe that we need a whole lot of help extremely early on in the draft in terms of the defensive line. With the rehabilitation of John McCargo i think that our defensive line will be upgraded from the status of what we had last year. With this upgraded status, i believe that it is vital that the defensive line unit needs to begin to use their strengths to their advantage. They are a fast agile group of players that should be stunting more than they were last season. Instead, we were asking undersized men to take on the mamouths of the NFL head on. When this occurs, the mamouths win almost every time.

How's that? :worthy:

You have passed the test much like when our young friends from Boston made it through the metal detectors in the courtroom packed with heat, and were able to hold court their style.