With a new OL does that mean anything for our TE's?

Lately I have been sitting here going back and forth about our TE's.........

With an new OL, do you expect Royal & Everett to become more of a passing threat for JP and the offense? Last year when the OL started to half way decent I think Royal was used more in the passing game instead of the run blocking scheme.

From what I have heard, Everett is more of a passing catching TE downfield, but was rarely used last year due to the OL being pretty bad. Now with the OL being revamped does Everett become more involved with the offense and the same goes for Royal?

I think we might see a little more production from that position......

Wait and see I guess.....Thoughts?

With an new OL, do you expect Royal & Everett to become more of a passing threat for JP and the offense? Last year when the OL started to half way decent I think Royal was used more in the passing game instead of the run blocking scheme.

From what I have heard, Everett is more of a passing catching TE downfield, but was rarely used last year due to the OL being pretty bad. Now with the OL being revamped does Everett become more involved with the offense and the same goes for Royal?

My guess is that Everett was rarely used because he SUCKS, course that's just one man's opinion.

Jauron has already said he and Levy are very high on Royal, and have also said he will be used much more this year in Passing, and the only reason they didn't use him in this way as much last year is because the o-line needed the extra blockers

I am almost willing to say there is no chance that Buffalo brings in another TE, unless its to replace Cieslak/Everett. (Not sure how high they are on Everett, and Cieslak could possibly be converted to FB)

But basically, Royal is there guy and you should see alot more of him this season, the coaches and Lavy liked what they saw of him, unlike the fans who want him gone for not making the TD against the Titans

a competent OL will free up a TE to run more patterns, that is for sure.

Whether Everett will pull his head out of his arse and be a contributor remains to be seen.

Royal should catch more passes, as he will hopefully not have to stay in to block as much.

all of this is beneficial to JP and thus our offense.

so the theory goes...

In all seriousness, it is what I truely believed. Sorry if I came across in a less than decent way.

Now that I've had time to think things over I believe that you could be on to something.

To me Everett didnt show anything cause he was not used to his strengths and thats getting downfield. Reason being Royal was always in there. I remember Everett when he was in college constantly getting downfield for his offense and making big plays. I really do think with a new and improved OL, we see more from him and Royal both.

I do think the "SUCK's" comment was a little too harsh due to the fact Everett has not had the chance to showcase his abilities since the OL desperately needed help. And we can all agree Everett is NOT a blocking TE like Royal is......

a competent OL will free up a TE to run more patterns, that is for sure.

Whether Everett will pull his head out of his arse and be a contributor remains to be seen.

Royal should catch more passes, as he will hopefully not have to stay in to block as much.

all of this is beneficial to JP and thus our offense.

so the theory goes...

Exactly right. Last year, I remember interviews with Royal and the coaches saying that the TE position was limited because their main priority was to stay on the line and help the OL with blocking schemes. Assuming our OL is improved, and we have an RB/FB that can actually block, the TEs will have a lot more chances to go down field. And in turn allow better options for JP and the WRs to get open - for there will be less double coverage.

Jauron has already said he and Levy are very high on Royal, and have also said he will be used much more this year in Passing, and the only reason they didn't use him in this way as much last year is because the o-line needed the extra blockers

I am almost willing to say there is no chance that Buffalo brings in another TE, unless its to replace Cieslak/Everett. (Not sure how high they are on Everett, and Cieslak could possibly be converted to FB)

But basically, Royal is there guy and you should see alot more of him this season, the coaches and Lavy liked what they saw of him, unlike the fans who want him gone for not making the TD against the Titans

I hope they coach him about getting his feet down inbounds in the end zone. Biggest bonehead play of the year !

I hope they coach him about getting his feet down inbounds in the end zone. Biggest bonehead play of the year !

My fury was so intense when he did that that I almost got my hand through the TV to choke Royal to death. Unfortunately, the glass held :nana:

i definately think that with our new o-line we will be able to use our tight ends as tight ends.(they wont have to stay in and block)and when you really need to mass protect you will still have that option.go bills in"07

Should Langston Walker end up at RT you might need a tight end beside him. Maybe one behind him as well. Heck, a third tight end might come in handy. New doesn't always mean improved.