Starters Next Season

I don't understand people predicting Butler for RG. That sounds like a pipe dream. He has always been a tackle, as far as I know. Did he play guard in college at all? Not that I know but that's just my vague hunch, so someone correct me if i'm wrong.

If you're going to go all dark horse, pick Merz to be the RG starter. At least he's a guard/center.

Personally, I think its a Duke vs. Whittle competition for RG, with Whittle being the stop gap if Preston doesn't "step up", as Marv said he needed to in his press conference.

I don't understand people predicting Butler for RG. That sounds like a pipe dream. He has always been a tackle, as far as I know. Did he play guard in college at all? Not that I know but that's just my vague hunch, so someone correct me if i'm wrong.

If you're going to go all dark horse, pick Merz to be the RG starter. At least he's a guard/center.

Personally, I think its a Duke vs. Whittle competition for RG, with Whittle being the stop gap if Preston doesn't "step up", as Marv said he needed to in his press conference.

The reason for it is that he played some guard at the end of last season and McNally stated that they were interested in seeing him play inside. here's the quote:

"There's no question he's going to be pushing for a starting job," McNally said.

And McNally doesn't limit Butler's shot at a starting position to just offensive tackle.

"I think he'll be very competitive at guard and tackle," said McNally of Butler. "He can bend enough to play inside. He's 6'6" and around 300 pounds. He's pretty quick and a decent athlete. You like to have big guards because if guards are shorter it's tougher for them to pass block because they don't have a lot of range. He's a contender at guard or tackle."

here's the link since I went and found the article - http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4619

The reason for it is that he played some guard at the end of last season and McNally stated that they were interested in seeing him play inside. here's the quote:

"There's no question he's going to be pushing for a starting job," McNally said.

And McNally doesn't limit Butler's shot at a starting position to just offensive tackle.

"I think he'll be very competitive at guard and tackle," said McNally of Butler. "He can bend enough to play inside. He's 6'6" and around 300 pounds. He's pretty quick and a decent athlete. You like to have big guards because if guards are shorter it's tougher for them to pass block because they don't have a lot of range. He's a contender at guard or tackle."

here's the link since I went and found the article - http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4619

Aha, i see. didn't see that bb article. thanks...

well, at the very least, competition is always good... may the best man win...

My O-line Prediction:

LT - Jason Peters

LG - Dockery

C - Fowler

RG - Brad Butler (the big surprise)

RT - Langston Walker

You may be correct. They are high on Butler. Pennington and Whittle would be excellent depth. Preston and Merz are in the mix too, either could develop at guard or center. OL could be an area of strength if Dockery and Walker live up to the billing.

But if you look at his list, he has 2 RG's in bold meaning they are both starters

Is Fairchild creating a new offence that lines 6 guys up on the o-line?

They should then without a doubt have the best o-line in History

Someone is not reading the entire post.

Interesting... Beekman's the Guard that put Patrick Willis on his ass in the Sr. Bowl. However, recently his ratings have fallen (he's not a high motor kinda guy). He should be there in the 3rd - 4th or perhaps even the 5th.

I think we'll be lucky to get three starters from this year's crop of rookies - at least at the beginning of the year.

However I think at least 5 picks will remain on the team.

I project that Beekman will be there at our pick in Round 4, if Atlanta doesn't take him 2 spots before us in that round. A great value pick at that point.

I project that Beekman will be there at our pick in Round 4, if Atlanta doesn't take him 2 spots before us in that round. A great value pick at that point.

Marv kind of player and a hometown hero around here. As is Anthony Weaver and Andre Davis.