Need a more witty responses

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I sent a message to Chris Brown and he responded to me.

Your friend is out of his mind. The only thing Curtis might have on Evans is intelligence (he had the highest wonderlic score ever - 48). Curtis has benefited greatly from being in an offense with Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce and Shaun McDonald. Has Curtis ever been doubled? Seen bracket coverage all day? Has he ever had to face a defense with no bona fide receiving threat opposite him like Evans and still produce an almost 1,300 yard receiving season? Did he operate in an offense with a young, inexperienced QB and a porous offensive line? The deck was so stacked against Evans this year it was ridiculous and he still performed at a high level. I'd like to see Curtis do the same in Buffalo this past season.

We might get a bit of an idea this year in Philly. Then again the QB is a Pro Bowl talent, the offensive line is solid and Reggie Brown is a solid complementary receiver and L.J. Smith is a legit passing threat at TE.

Like I said Curtis has Evans on intelligence and Curtis is smart enough to sign with a team that again surrounds him with a good cast. Without one, he wouldn't be any where near Evans' numbers.

That case good enough for you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Fri 3/16/2007 10:26 AM

To: AskChris

Subject: Lee Evans vs. Kevin Curtis

Hi Chris….I have a desperate Rams fan buddy who insists that recently signed Eagles WR Kevin Curtis is superior to Lee Evans in every arena…….my constant sharing of the facts and such hasn’t deterred him. What’s your take on this if you have time?

Cheers

Greg Guyatt

Yeah that was me.....didn't do any good though.

;)<_< <_<

Does your friend EAT crayons?

:lol:<_<:wallbash:

If not, your friend doesn't actually believe Curtis is better than Evans. you know that, right?

You can let it go, or continue to do THIS:

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

<_<0:):P

Does your friend EAT crayons?

If not, your friend doesn't actually believe Curtis is better than Evans. you know that, right?

You can let it go, or continue to do THIS:

How do you let it go when you're looking a red wall and somebody keeps telling you the wall is green. The definition of insanity does apply here though, doing something over and over again the same way and expecting different results.

He is trying to find a way to win the argument, not lose it! 0:)

PS What happened to the smilie that smacks himself in the head?

I also think Josh Reed is better than Curtis. Care to start a new thread? <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Greg/TZ 78, are these guys your buds, and is one of them the Curtis-lover? Sounds like you tag-teamed Joyner. :blink:

Greg, Waterloo, Ontario: KC, straight up, who is the better receiver, Lee Evans or Kevin Curtis, and why?

SportsNation KC Joyner: Lee Evans, hands down. I like Kevin Curtis but Evans has posted dominant deep pass metrics. I've said before that Evans has Hall of Fame talent that is being wasted in a bad offense. Curtis is good but not that good.

Todd (Detroit): Does your scout's eye ever disagree with your metrics? For example, some times do you watch a guy and see a lot of potential, but his metrics aren't able to bear that out?

SportsNation KC Joyner: Very good question, Todd. Yes the two do disagree and when they do I follow one rule: go with the metrics. The metrics tend to be right much more often than wrong and most of the time when I go with my scouting eye against the metrics, that's when I get burned!

Zach(San Diego): You mentioned Lee Evans, but are there any other players that have metrics that scream out superstar, but for some reason that player is stuck in mediocrity?

SportsNation KC Joyner: No one off the top of my head but your question does give me the idea of doing an overrated/underrated article in the next few weeks.

Murph (San Diego): Yeah, no second year slump for Cutler?! He really tore it up last year. I can see why you'd think he'd have a great year and Rivers would struggle.

SportsNation KC Joyner: Murph, the big difference between the two is that Cutler didn't have the fall off that Rivers did. A big part of that could be Cutler's not playing a full season, so he'll also have to answer if he can handle a 16 game schedule.

Andrew (Syracuse, Ny): Lee Evans has 'hall of fame talent'? Are you kidding me? KC, I think you've had one too many.

SportsNation KC Joyner: Andrew, have you seen Evans' deep pass metrics the past few seasons? They have been off the charts. He's that good.

Andrew (Syracuse, Ny): Ok, I admit he's a great deep threat, but can you honestly say he's the total package? Are there not 10 other wideouts you'd take ahead of him? I agree with his talent level, but not that he'll end up as a Hall of Fame player.

SportsNation KC Joyner: Andrew, if I didn't know you were talking about Evans, I would have thought you described Randy Moss, at least from the deep threat only description. Evans is as good as Moss was in his prime, at least on deep passes, or he's darn close.

Hey Greg/TZ 78, are these guys your buds, and is one of them the Curtis-lover? Sounds like you tag-teamed Joyner. :blink:

Yeah, I got my buddy good. I don't know who the Andrew fellow is. My buddy the Rams fan/Kevin Curtis fan club President sent me the article about Joyner comparing Curtis with Stallworth and shoved it in my face as evidence he's better than Lee Evans.......I just so happened to see KC doing some chat and got to ask him the all pertinant question.

You know what's hilarious.....is so far I've been able to get National Media and Professional Sports writers into our little Evans/Curtis debate. That either shows tremendous passion and dedication or it's really so sad on so many levels........I'll pick the first one!!!

Yeah, I got my buddy good. I don't know who the Andrew fellow is. My buddy the Rams fan/Kevin Curtis fan club President sent me the article about Joyner comparing Curtis with Stallworth and shoved it in my face as evidence he's better than Lee Evans.......I just so happened to see KC doing some chat and got to ask him the all pertinant question.

You know what's hilarious.....is so far I've been able to get National Media and Professional Sports writers into our little Evans/Curtis debate. That either shows tremendous passion and dedication or it's really so sad on so many levels........I'll pick the first one!!!

You still honestly think this can be categorized as a debate???? :blink:

You still honestly think this can be categorized as a debate???? :blink:

Not any more........it's game set match and buried. It was definately fun to win a highly contested debate and have national scouts take your side 100%.

Now I don't know what to do with myself.........