The NY Jets are hiring : Software Engineer

Normally I wouldn't post a job opening for the enemy, but I know we have several people on the board that may be interested....

Apply at this link : Software Engineer - New York Jets (Uniondale, NY)

Responsibilities:

.Net Developer/Architect needed to integrate a Visual Basic 6 application with a web based application. The integrated application will also need to be accessible via Blackberry/Smartphone devices. This position will be responsible for all aspects of the development lifecycle.

Qualifications:

A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical disciplines is required. Applicants must be resourceful, organized, detail oriented, have the ability to work independently, and have a strong desire to stay abreast of trends in technology. Also, applicants must possess excellent time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.

Technical Requirements:

1+ years experience developing in the following languages/toolsets: .Net/.Net Compact Framework o XML o SQL/TSQL o Scripting Languages

Experience with Web Services

Experience with enterprise level DBMS

Wireless Application development a plus

Use of Reporting Tools a plus

Flash/Photoshop and other graphics applications a plus

Additional Requirements: This position is located in Uniondale Long Island and will require periodic travel to the NYC office. The organization is in the process of consolidating operations at a state of the art facility in a Northern N.J. corporate park. The new facility will be ready July 2008 at which point this position will be located in Northern N.J.

Benefits:

Medical and Dental coverage

401 (k) plus match

Tuition Reimbursement

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. Yes/No: Do you have 1-2 years of experience in Computer Science?

2. Yes/No: I have local housing available in Uniondale or I am willing to relocate at my expense.

3. Yes/No: Have you worked for a professional sports team, preferably in the NFL in IT?

4. If yes to question 3, please describe your experience.