ADRIAN P.

major

Peterson is a great back. If we to take the Bills at their word, however, they are looking for a more all purpose back. AP may be great catching the ball, but, if I recall correctly, he did not do much of that in college.

I saw him interviewed the other day. He seems like a good kid that has been through a lot in his life.

No way AP slips past the Browns at 3. I thought there was a chance when they aquired Jamaal Lewis (1 yr deal) but the Reuben Droughns trade to the NY Giant makes it all but a certainty the Browns will draft him.

Browns just signed Jamal Lewis. Not the long-term solution, but it gives them options to take a Brady Quinn, Joe Thomas, even consider Calvin Johnson...I really dont think they go AP here. Though its possible. More likely home IMO is Houston. But those are really the ONLY two possibilites for him before Buffalo...

Adrain Peterson will be a beat of a runningback if he can stay healthy. I still prefer drafting Michael Bush 6'2 244lbs 4.5 40. That guy is gonna be a beast and much better then Marshawn Lynch imo

Of those 3, only Marshawn is undamaged goods, though. I agree that potentially, AP as well as Bush could be better, but do we want to take a chance (a la McGahee)?

Browns just signed Jamal Lewis. Not the long-term solution, but it gives them options to take a Brady Quinn, Joe Thomas, even consider Calvin Johnson...I really dont think they go AP here. Though its possible. More likely home IMO is Houston. But those are really the ONLY two possibilites for him before Buffalo...

Why would the BROWNS pass up on AP? If Jamal Lewis was their answer at RB, he would have been signed long-term. And why would the Texans try and draft him when they just signed Ahman Green to a huge contract? Also, Peterson has had injury problems throughout his college career, including breaking his collarbone and missing the rest of the season.. I will pass, as he will cost us too much to move up and get.. He would not fall to 12, and if he did, draft him and trade him.. We can get good backs in the 2nd/3rd round and fill in holes in the secondary and defensive line in the 1st rd of the draft.

Why would they pass up on AP? And why would the Texans try and draft him when they just signed Ahman Green to a huge contract? Also, Peterson has had injury problems throughout his college career, including breaking his collarbone and missing the rest of the season.. I will pass, as he will cost us too much to move up and get.. He would not fall to 12, and if he did, draft him and trade him.. We can get good backs in the 2nd/3rd round and fill in holes in the secondary and defensive line in the 1st rd of the draft.

First you ask why they would pass on him, then you give reasons they would. Hmm.... I dont get your ways...

But the browns are picking 3rd for a reason. They have holes. ALOT of holes. Well, really, not enough holes. They need someone on the OL, Joe Thomas could be that guy. They need a QB, brady quinn could be that guy. They could use a WR, and who better than Calvin Johnson. They already have Jamal lewis. Those are 4 good reasons WHY they might not take peterson.

I've been down this road before. Houston, Detroit and Cleveland are the ONLY 3 teams above us that need a RB. So for peterson to go he needs to slip by those 3. First 2 are fairly easy to see how it could happen. Houston is the problem. But like you said, they just signed Green...so who knows.

Sure, someone could trade up, but by the same logic, who? Green Bay could trade up to get AP, but why would they do that if they are virtualy guarenteed to get Lynch if Peterson falls to Buffalo (Rams, Panthers and steelers wont take him).

Giants were (and are still) a possibility, but it will take alot to move up that far into the top 10, and with Jacobs/Droghns, it might not be worth it.

Tennessee is the only other option...and truthfully, probably the most likely, though it will likely cost them a first round pick next season to move up into the top 10. Might be too steep a price for them to pay.

I'm not saying AP will fall to 12. But I am saying its possible. Somewhere in the 30-40% chance range IMO.

Adrain Peterson will be a beat of a runningback if he can stay healthy. I still prefer drafting Michael Bush 6'2 244lbs 4.5 40. That guy is gonna be a beast and much better then Marshawn Lynch imo

peterson would be nice but we would have to give up our #12 pick and our second rd pick just to move up to #5 or 6th pick overall to get him and that can only happen if cleveland passes him up. id prefer we draft bush in the second rd if hes still there but if not then we should send our 2 3rd rd picks to san diego to land michael burner turner. levy and smith are in tight with each other and if that deal happens it will be on draft day. i live in san diego and ive seen turner play and hes the real deal. he has all the tools that you look for in a back. he has speed, power, cut back ability, field vision, and most of all game breaking ability. there is not many backs in the league who have that ability to go the distance , he has it. aj smith is the best gm in football. he knows and sees talent better than anyone in the nfl. dont let turner being mop up duty for LT fool u. we have the ammo to get em,we just need to pull the trigger.

I love the idea of a smart great second round back, and it happens, but here is a quick comparison of backs taken in the first vs. backs taken in the 2nd and 3rd over the last five drafts:

1st (14 picks): Bush, Maroney, DeAngelo Williams, Addai, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Carnell Williams, Steven Jackson, Chris Perry, Kevin Jones, McGahee, Larry Johnson, William Green, TJ Ducket

2nd or later (14 of the better ones): Jones-Drew, Frank Gore, LenDale White, Tatum Bell, Julius Jones, Chris Brown, DeShaun Foster, Clinton Portis, Brian Westbrook, Ladell Betts, Michael Turner, Marion Barber, Vernand Morency, Maurice Morris

Clearly it is better to have a first rounder than a second, but the difference isn't as huge as it might seem, and picking well in the second round can be more valuable than a first rounder. The same comparison at QB or some other positions are not as favorable. So hopefully we can get a good player if we don't pick Peterson or Lynch.

Can he play MLB or CB or OLB? :lol:

No, but Crowell, Youboty, and Ellison respectively can. RB is the only empty jersey we have right now. I'd rather fill it in round 2 all things being equal, but both Lynch and Peterson will require some heavy consideration for a trade up or if either slides (obviously Peterson not to #12).

It is all about what picks add the most value to the team. Revis over Youboty or Willis over Ellison or Okoye over Kyle might not have as big an impact for our total team as Peterson over Shaud Williams. I don't think so, and I don't think we pick either of them, but it is a consideration and valuation that the front office will have to make.