Price limit on Briggs

Fingon

I'd do 1st rd + late round (4th-7th) + Spikes...but only because it seems that Levy & Co. are looking to move Spikes anyway. I personally would love to see Takeo now that he will be almost two years removed from injury on opening day. But if they want to get rid of him, then I'd be all for unloading him and getting a great replacement.

But I'll just drive it home one last time that I would HATE to see Spikes moved before the season. But then again, I know as much about his ankle as the Bills staff know about my knee. So, if they see something they don't like...

Lee Evans....Willis M. and Ko Simpson....

HAHA j/k.

A second and maybe a 6th. I don't really get why he is worthy of a 1st. I agree he is good and proven...but is he really 12th pick in the draft good? Just curious what you all think....

Is he 12th pick in the draft good? You DREAM of getting a player of Briggs callibur with the 12 pick of the draft. The guy is one of the best LBs in the game.

I guess... I mean he is good no doubt. 130 (119 solo) tackles 1 sack and 2 picks.... but is that astonomical for a weak side? I know for a middle back it is good...London had better numbers.....Does Briggs get more of his tackles behind the line ? I did not watch many Bears games...

But I guess that since it is proven is better than an unknown... but even TKO had 80 tackles right? Would you be willing to trade I guess.... (x amount of tackles and production) + TKO's ?

But then you would have to consider 2 players verse 1 player in production.... bleh I am dizzy haha.

Lance Briggs may very well be one of the best overall outside lb's in the game at least top 3. If theres a better coverage lb out there hell if I know, and is only 26 will be 27 in November you have to assume he'll only get better. With the market the way it is now and factoring in how good Briggs is I'd give them a 1st a 3rd and takeo spikes and contract approaching around 65 mil over 7 years with 15-17 guranteed, which is a little bit more then urlacher got from the bears with his last contract.

What would you be willing to give up for Briggs? I would be willing to give a 1st round pick... and maybe TKO.

It's a good trade. We give up our drafting of Patrick Willis for Lance Briggs, throwing in TKO to sweeten the deal.

The other advantage for us is that we improve the offense too, as the first pick could be offense. I'd take CB with the second pick and DT or Brian Leonard with the 3rd pick.

What would you be willing to give up for Briggs? I would be willing to give a 1st round pick... and maybe TKO.

my deal would be tko for briggs with a 3rd and conditions..

if tko flops we owe a 2nd next year to them if he excells we owe nothing if he is average ,,figure out some way to define it they get a another 3rd or 4th.. ,,marv is a chicago guy and knows their GM well i d be guessing.. seems doable ..

It's a good trade. We give up our drafting of Patrick Willis for Lance Briggs, throwing in TKO to sweeten the deal.

The other advantage for us is that we improve the offense too, as the first pick could be offense. I'd take CB with the second pick and DT or Brian Leonard with the 3rd pick.

I've been reading the Bears fan forum today and they had me laughing. They are ripping Briggs saying that he's no where near as good as he thinks he is and that Urlacher is the only reason he piles up the big stats. Then after ripping him, they start with the "Bears should get no less than a 1st and a 3rd for Briggs". WTF?

If the Bills have any interest in Briggs then they should only offer up Spikes (conditional based on performance) and a 2nd. That would be fair for both teams. The Bills will be on the hook for a huge contract and lose a high draft pick in the process, while the Bears cut loose a disgruntled player that they won't have to give up the big bucks for and gain a 2nd rd pick and possible 2008 rd pick for. No way should the Bills give up a 1st when they could easily draft a linebacker that would be much cheaper in contrast to Briggs' demands. Giving them Spikes takes that 1st rounder off the table.

If they do end up with Briggs, I'd hope the Bills would consider Lynch (while trying to trade McGahee) with that 1st pick.

Spikes and a second rd. pick sounds like a pretty decent trade to me

People are seriously overestimating Spikes trade value. Given the fact that he played poorly most of last year I'd guess that nobody will want to pay him the 4M he's due next year much less give up anything for him.