What's left in the cap fund?

I think someone posted although Spikes would make about 6 this year, we'd only save about half of that if cut. I really have mixed feelings on this one..........McGahee, we really have him on the cheap right now, under 2M I believe. Don't worry, someone with exact #s will be here eventually.... :devil:

Well, here's the latest details on Dockery's contract from the Washington Post.....

Dockery's contract -- worth $49 million over seven years, according to sources -- will make him one of the highest-paid guards in league history. Dockery will earn $18.5 million in guaranteed money from the Bills, including a $16 million signing bonus, and will earn $18 million over the first three years of the deal, sources said.

Well, here's the latest details on Dockery's contract from the Washington Post.....

Dockery's contract -- worth $49 million over seven years, according to sources -- will make him one of the highest-paid guards in league history. Dockery will earn $18.5 million in guaranteed money from the Bills, including a $16 million signing bonus, and will earn $18 million over the first three years of the deal, sources said.

That's three million, two hundred thousand stadium beers @ 5 bucks each. :devil:

The News had it at Dockery making 13.5 this season in bonuses and salary so he couldn't have gotten a 16 mil bonus. Of course, we probably won't know the real numbers for awhile. Whatever they are, the Bills come out firing, which was great.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070...?tbd1069157.asp

The News had it at Dockery making 13.5 this season in bonuses and salary so he couldn't have gotten a 16 mil bonus. Of course, we probably won't know the real numbers for awhile. Whatever they are, the Bills come out firing, which was great.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070...?tbd1069157.asp

Maybe the remaining 2.5 million will be paid next year as a roster bonus. If so those monies will apply to next years's "Cash to the Cap" amount

How much cap is gained by losing Spikes and McGahee? Isn't Spikes getting around 6 Mil a year?

By my math, they gave out 21+ million (16 for Dockery, 5 for Walker and about 12 bucks for the other guy) against 28 mill in cap room. If they cut or traded spikes, they would gain another 3 million in room (his salary is 6, his hit is 3). Moving McGahee gives them another 1mill in room. That would put them at 10 millon.

By my math, they gave out 21+ million (16 for Dockery, 5 for Walker and about 12 bucks for the other guy) against 28 mill in cap room. If they cut or traded spikes, they would gain another 3 million in room (his salary is 6, his hit is 3). Moving McGahee gives them another 1mill in room. That would put them at 10 millon.

Depending on how the contracts were worked out, Dockery's contract may have been as little as 3 mil against the cap. I expect it to be higher than that, but all they paid out in cash this year is 13 mil. If it's a 7 year deal and his signing bonus was 12 mil, that's less than 2 mil a year on the cap. Again, I expect it to be creatively designed to spread it out, but there isn't any chance that Dockery cost 16 mil against the cap.