Travis Henry to be released tomorrow

bills44

You're kidding right? Anybody here with a 15 year old daughter want to respond to this?

No, I'm not. I would have only cared about this if:

1. Henry raped the girl.

2. Henry was MUCH older than the girl.

3. The girl told Henry that she was, indeed, underaged.

Let's all keep this discussion focused back on Henry's playing skills, OK?

An immediate upgrade from Willis. And a guy that always wanted to be a Buffalo Bill! The guy wore the Bills stuff when he was growing up in Frostproof. He studied the RB position here and knew how many yards he needed/wanted to get in a season to beat out Thurman. I don't think it will happen but he was a tough, tough runner and showed a lot of heart, again this past season. I would be happy with Travis and A train as a back-up and then going hard on defense in the draft.

Will do. Sex offenses and drug suspensions mean little to a team who wants players with "character."

How dare any poster toss anything like that into the equation, right? :P

This has been addressed repeatedly before. By "character," Marv wasn't necessarily talking about guys who spend all of their free time feeding the homeless and curing the sick. He was referring more towards guys who work hard at improving their football abilities, never quit on a single play, and are outstanding teammates.

Regarding the off-the-field stuff, there's a fine line between murder, rape, robbery, chronic drug abuse, etc... and what are commonly called "youthful indiscretions" (FWIW, the human brain's decision-making center doesn't fully mature into around age 25). Bruce Smith had a drug suspension early in his career. I believe Cornelius Bennet had a sexual offense early in his, too. And Levy kept both during his first stint in Buffalo.

Last year and probably this year, Levy's free agency theme has been young and relatively inexpensive players who want a second chance to prove themselves in this league. In my opinion, Henry still fits that bill. This past season, Henry put all those past mistakes behind him (2002 sex offense, 2005 drug suspension), worked hard, stayed out of trouble, and was an extremely productive RB again...much more so than McGahee, who we're finding out didn't bother to find his playbook - much less the endzone - on weeks when the Bills weren't playing the Jets.

Well...whatever. I'm done arguing in this thread. I'm all about giving guys like Henry second chances, provided they are signed to low-risk contracts and have a recent track record of seeking redemption. Some of you, apparently, are not. So be it.

by the Titans, in order to avoid an $8.3 million roster bonus, as per WGR.

Hmmm.......

I think this hurts the Bills in their attempt to trade Willis because I think Henry ends up in Denver now

... and to think LenDale White had all those "character" problems before the Draft...

All LenDale did was spit in practice. For the Titans, that puts LenDale in the "high character" class even without a toke from the stash the cops found in Pac's car.

Henry is a good player. Chris Brown was an upright runner with no power and fumblitis.

LenDale is now THE GUY in Tennessee. Time for some actual football observations, and, then after that, some stats will be "observed" by those who don't understand the football they watch...

... and to think LenDale White had all those "character" problems before the Draft...

All LenDale did was spit in practice. For the Titans, that puts LenDale in the "high character" class even without a toke from the stash the cops found in Pac's car.

Henry is a good player. Chris Brown was an upright runner with no power and fumblitis.

LenDale is now THE GUY in Tennessee. Time for some actual football observations, and, then after that, some stats will be "observed" by those who don't understand the football they watch...

Betty, don't start with that white zone sh-- again.