Joey Porter

I dont buy the "porter is washed up" talk. As much as people may want to believe it around here(Im sure some do) that he is the new Jason Gildon, he's not. Anyone who watched their season opener against miami will tell you that. He still has legs and his insticts are excellent. Skilled at Run SUpport, Rushing the passer and even in coverage. You'll be hard pressed to find a linebacker out there with the same skill set as porter.

I dont buy the "porter is washed up" talk. As much as people may want to believe it around here(Im sure some do) that he is the new Jason Gildon, he's not. Anyone who watched their season opener against miami will tell you that. He still has legs and his insticts are excellent. Skilled at Run SUpport, Rushing the passer and even in coverage. You'll be hard pressed to find a linebacker out there with the same skill set as porter.

then why did steelers release him they should have paid him then, hes the captain of the defense.

Would be a good pickup imo, solid athletic LB to go with the cover 2

Isn't it clear by now that we are rebuilding?

We are letting Fletcher walk and looking to dump Spikes.

Do you really think we are looking to add an aging player at a position where we are looking to get younger at?

Porter in the cover two? Geesh..... :(

then why did steelers release him they should have paid him then, hes the captain of the defense.

Exactly, I think it's important to figure out why Porter was released. I'm not sure, I'm not up on Pittsburgh, mabye it was for cap reasons or something but I dont think so. If they loved him there, and he was the captain and a leader, why would they not want him back? It's not even like he was a free agent or anything, they cut him.

If we were n the cusp of being an eliet team and needed someone to get us over the hump, then yes Portor would be ideal as he would be hell bent on proving "them" wrong for cutting him. But seeing as we are hopefully just a few years away I don't think that money and roster space should be wasted on someone who will be in decline at that time!Would rather see another young buck paired with Crowell and Ellison and see the three of them learn there growing pains and peak together to help bring that sonnuva bitchn' trophy to Western NY!!!! :(