Kelsay to be re-signed. Announcement soon...

gsx95red

This move is fine. I was hoping the Bills would draft a DE with passrush upside high in the draft, but certainly re-signing Kelsay doesn't constitute a bad move. We just need to add another difference maker along the d-line, whether it be McCargo developing into one or us drafting one this year.

First off, of the three Free Agents, it seemed Kelsay was the one most willing to take less than market value to remain. It seemed toward the end of the year he didn't want to leave and had established himself in the Buffalo area. I'll believe the 6M per when someone reputable gets the numbers. Otherwise, I'll just be happy we retained him for now.

But it DOES make sense. Kelsay can play, and he timed it right. There is nothing at all stopping Marv from renegotiating with Schobel, who deserves it. He took a lesser salary and extended his contract.

We are sitting with a billion dollars in cap space. We are about to lose London and Nate.

Good God, how about extensions for the few good players that are left, ya know?

Oh, I'm glad they re-signed Kelsay -- whom I believe will continue to improve. I just find it improbable that he will be paid more than the All-Pro playing on the other side -- renegotiation possibilities aside.

Is that what the market is really paying?

Damn, I wish I was a couple of inches taller and 100 pounds heavier. :worthy: