Willis didnt know playbook?!?!?

DrDawkinstein

Does anyone else wonder why the hell the Bills are simultaneously badmouthing Willis AND shopping him for a trade? Doesn't it make sense to keep your mouth shut about the guy until he's gone?

Thats was my first thought as well. I mean couldn't we have kept this story under wraps until the draft was over at least? Oh well if the story is true then trade Willis, the worthless piece of excrement, for a bag of stale chips. Assuming anyone will go that high of course. :wallbash:

Does anyone else wonder why the hell the Bills are simultaneously badmouthing Willis AND shopping him for a trade? Doesn't it make sense to keep your mouth shut about the guy until he's gone?

There is another thread just started on this too. It almost seems like the leaks on his "bad habits" and being shopped for a trade are too close together to be coincidence. Are the Bills trying to induce low value trade offers, so Willis and his agent become convinced they really are best off shutting up and having Willis run his a.. off next year for the Bills, to increase his value? Or is it remotely possible that someone who wants Willis on the cheap starts up negative rumours in an attempt to lower the stakes?

As said by another, this smells fishy (not trying to implicate Miami)

Marv would not have drafted Willis...we all know that...maybe we would have gotten LJ, maybe we would have gotten a second round talent DB instead. Willis is not a good guy, a smart player, or a role model. Marv certainly looks forward to him not being a Bill. But unless we get an offer that makes us a better team, he should be a Bill in 2007.

Willis in a contract year with an improved line and overall offense is going to be a good back (he hasn't been as bad as people say the last couple years), and letting him go leaves a huge hole at RB that a 2nd or 3rd round pick is going to have trouble filling.

I hate to see that kind of crap come out now as we are gauging other teams interest in trading for him.

Amen to that...I imagine Marv and The Bills Brass were not thrilled with this stuff coming out at this time...Not great timing for sure...

If these reports are true, then his blitz pick-up, blocking and hesitation to hit the whole make alot of sense now. Willis was one of my favorite players but if he can't do his homework then, see ya later. Wow, it really does amaze me the amount of money these guys bring home and they can't even study to be that much better. Just seems like a waste of time if they're not striving to better themselves and be the best they can be for the team. This report will hurt his trade value. God can give you all the talent in the world, but can't give you work ethic.