It's all about oil:

pdh1

Not much.

Terrorism is a tactic - not a strategy, and it is used for discrete goals.

Even if you are part of a global network, terrorism is of limited utility for any organization

and is always a weapon of weakness.

Tactically - if you use terrorism, by definition you have a weak hand.

Even if an organization is globally networked, it makes little difference, if it needs to use terrorism

its global ambitions or its ideology are really of little concern beyond the discrete events of terror.

Terrorism is now a tool used by nations such as Iran and Syria to give them plausible deniability.

WE didn't launches rockets in to Israel!! Nope Not Us! You can't hit us back!

NOPE, we didn't blow up that airliner in Scottland. Not Us!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrorism is now a tool used by nations such as Iran and Syria to give them plausible deniability.

Which is why this notion that "diplomacy" will somehow work is ridiculous on its face. Somebody ask Lloyd George how diplomacy worked out with him and Hitler.

Yes. So?

Why not go back to Jimmy Carter, Richard Nixon, LBJ, JFK, DDE...etc

You're an idiot.

Because Reagan called the Soviet's the Evil Empire, yet he negotiated with them anyway. There is a place for diplomacy. Like I have said before, the world is getting smaller, technology--destructive technology--is spreading as wealth spreads and we all have to learn to get along or kill each other. I'd rather get along.

And you are really smart

If all the volience is the result of US and British foreigh policy, how do you explain the volience in Darfur, Somalia, Indonesia, the Philippines and on going threats against Spain?

Like I said, local people, local hate, not US manufactured at all. Just like in Iraq. Sunnis and Shiites have hated each other for hundreds of years, we didn't create that and I do not see us making the Lion lay down with the lamb and be nice, either.

Because Reagan called the Soviet's the Evil Empire, yet he negotiated with them anyway. There is a place for diplomacy. Like I have said before, the world is getting smaller, technology--destructive technology--is spreading as wealth spreads and we all have to learn to get along or kill each other. I'd rather get along.

And you are really smart

How do you have a diplomatic converstion with a group of people that say "covert or die"?

And you are really smart

No. You chose to use RR as your point. Yet every President before him did the same thing. Therefore, you're an idiot. Your bias is overwhelming, yet predictable.

What's wrong with using RR? I know I chose to use RR because W models his presidency after him. So what?

Nothing wrong with using RR, just use you analogy in a context that's worth a !@#$. What you did was demonstrate your complete ignorance of American Politics. Good Job. Though I'm not surprised.