National Signing Day....

CajunBillsBacker

Well ive seen lots of footage on this kid..and it's just my prediction that he will be one of the best to wear Maze and Blue in years. Definite upgrade to Henne, who will be decent this year thanks to Hart!! Go Blue!! That Jimmy Claussen kid ND signed looks like a big goober if you ask me! :rolleyes:

Jimmy Clausen is going to win 3 Heisman Trophies as ND wins back-to-back-to-back NATL titles from 2008-10. That's pretty much already decided.

Jimmy Clausen is going to win 3 Heisman Trophies as ND wins back-to-back-to-back NATL titles from 2008-10. That's pretty much already decided.

He's the next Ron Pawlus, huh?

I think he's got way better skills than Pawlus. Whether or not they'll translate to major college football is to be determined.

I'm not surprised about Zook or Davis' recruiting classes. Zook was an amazing recruiter at UF and his players were fiercely loyal to him. Wasn't there a story about some of his players getting into a fight with some frat boys and Zook personally went down to the house and joined in the argument and threatened to get them kicked off campus? He was a miserable coach, however, and unless he catches some breaks early, or the other Big Ten teams fall off a bit, his job will be in jeopardy again in 4 years. Of course, he will leave the next coach with an Illinois team stocked with talent that far exceeds anything Champaign has seen in years.

Butch Davis also was an amazing recruiter. He built the Miami dynasty which Coker could not control. The NFL-caliber talent he brought to that school was obscene. It's not like UNC is some sht school with no history and no appeal. It wasn't too long ago that Mack Brown was leading them to 10 win seasons. I don't anticipate it taking Davis more than 2-3 years to get that program back into ACC title contention.

He's the next Ron Pawlus, huh?

I think he's got way better skills than Pawlus. Whether or not they'll translate to major college football is to be determined.

Yeah, who knows? I was still kind of young when Powlus was recruited so I don't remember the hype being as ridiculous as I later found out it was. I just remember watching his first game and seeing him shred Northwestern. Almost sports commentator anointed him the next great one after that game, but there was one guy (I forget who) who said "Relax, it's just Northwestern."

Truer words were never spoken.

Sadly, the best thing to come of Ron Powlus' career was when he broke his collarbone and Kevin McDougal got to start the season and led us to what should have been a NATL championship in 93-94.

FSU didnt have the greatest signing day, but that was expected with the poor play last season, and the coaching changeover. But we may get a boost if #5 RB Noel Devine decides to sign here, as he's coming for another visit this weekend.

I agree. I think the 'Noles will definitely surprise people this year and they'll have a pretty good class next year.

How about Ron Zook? He recruited all of the talent for Florida's national championship, and now has a top-20 class coming in to Illinois. He did the right thing, locking down the talent in Chicago-metro, which traditionally had been raided by the other Big Ten schools, Michigan in particular.

After a poor season on the field, for Zook to be able to recruit a top-20 class to the football anti-hotbed of Champaign is very impressive. He must have the gift of the gab....

I am really happy with the Illinois class. Zook has done a great job of pulling in talent for us here. What really floored me though was the BS article in the NYT. The followup pieces in the Trib and the Times actually do a credible job of going over the situation.

I am really happy with the Illinois class. Zook has done a great job of pulling in talent for us here. What really floored me though was the BS article in the NYT. The followup pieces in the Trib and the Times actually do a credible job of going over the situation.

That's OK. When Zook gets fired for going 4-8, whomever the new coach is will have a stevestojan worth of talent.

:unsure:

I have to say we all need to bow down to Rutgers. After all, with their 1 big bowl win in what, 100 years, they are now the standard by which all college teams are measured :unsure:

If Ed was still around, we'd dogfight for supremacy between the number of rutgers bowl wins, and the number of times ed's gotten laid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.