Drunk at a work outing- a bit of a long story...

smokinandjokin

:lol: YES!!!

A guy I work with is not much of a drinker, but this past summer at the company golf tournament, he was in my foursome and he cranked it up a notch. We were playing Holiday Valley, and we had a sit-down dinner with open bar afterwards, and then went out to the bars in Ellicottville. We were at Balloons in E-ville, and this guy spent a good 20 minutes trying to do that dance move where you are laying on your back, and you use your arms to thrust yourself up and end up on your feet. He was absolutely wasted and was failing miserably, it was classic!!!

back when I used to bartend at Mickey Rats on the Lake...I used to consider anyone that drank gin to be EVIL...so during the drink specials, I would LOAD up their drinks with extree gin...used to be funny to watch the transformation of stone cold sober guy with his drink cup special to 1AM slurring, hit on fat girls, pine tree breath, drunk ass on Gin guy...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back when I used to bartend at Mickey Rats on the Lake...I used to consider anyone that drank gin to be EVIL...so during the drink specials, I would LOAD up their drinks with extree gin...used to be funny to watch the transformation of stone cold sober guy with his drink cup special to 1AM slurring, hit on fat girls, pine tree breath, drunk ass on Gin guy...

That was you??? YOU SOB....is it my fault I don't like beer in a can? You ruined a lot of kids lives, because I ended up stumbling over to Cradle Beach afterwards.

Since you helped contribute to his quiting, I hope you offered to present his resume to your current company.

Should I head downtown for Happy Hour on Friday and hope to run into Bobber, so I can let him know that NASA now has an opening???

Moral of the story. If I'm in charge of planning a company function someday. I'll never pick a bar to host it. I'll do everyone a favor and pick a non alcohol serving event. Less liability from a company point of view as well.

No alcohol?? Let's hope you're never in charge of planning the company event!! :lol:

Moral of the story. If I'm in charge of planning a company function someday. I'll never pick a bar to host it. I'll do everyone a favor and pick a non alcohol serving event. Less liability from a company point of view as well.

Why?

I think you can find out a lot about people by the way they act in a social drinking environment. I've gotten to know people a lot better that way than through some corporate team-building "trust your partner to catch you" exercises.

Nothing that happened there was out of Bobber's control- he brought it upon himself. And like it was mentioned earlier in this thread, he probably still could've skated through if he didn't bring the Jewish part into it. You don't get fired for being drunk at a company-sponsored happy hour. I'm not exactly sure what he was saying to his boss when they were one-on-one after he fell, but the way he was yelling, and from what he was saying earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if he brought his boss's religion into the equation. And then he slammed his pass down and quit in front of dozens of other employees. I doubt that he only ever called his boss a "Jew bastard" when he was drunk....

Nothing that happened there was out of Bobber's control- he brought it upon himself.

And then he slammed his pass down and quit in front of dozens of other employees.

A great story. And the only one who should feel any remorse here is Bobber. Be a man. Be accountable for your actions. Thats all.

The fact he weaseled back into the office shows the guy has no stones and would prefer if Hillary's village would be resposible for him and take care of him.

Dude got drunk, spoke his mind. Not a problem really. Better it happen there in a bar like that than some meltdown at the office.

But again, Bobber personally let manhood down by going to the office Monday like nothing went down.

Bobber should be lampooned. Like he is here.

Three cheers for Bobber!

Three cheers for Bobber!

Three cheers for bobber!

And then take one back for the faux paux of showing his mug again.

Since you helped contribute to his quiting, I hope you offered to present his resume to your current company.

yeah, because if my man wouldn't have bought him a round, ol' Bobber CLEARLY would have cut his losses right then and gone home! :lol::)

so much for "personal responsibility."

good story man...Bobber sounds like jerk-off and I'm sure there are some happy folks in his office. Seriously, people who let themselves behave that way usually are a PIA when sober as well.

yeah, because if my man wouldn't have bought him a round, ol' Bobber CLEARLY would have cut his losses right then and gone home! :lol::)

As least one person here appreciates my sense of humor. The rest of you are make a frog look like he's had a train done on his ass at Dupont Circle.