If Harrison opts out, Evans next in line?

Beerball

Speculation from Chris Brown that Lee Evans may need to pack his bags for Hawaii.

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:18 AM

EVANS GOING TO PRO BOWL?: Did anyone else see Colts WR Marvin Harrison limping off the field after awkwardly twisting his knee in Super Bowl XLI last night? If he elects to skip the Pro Bowl due to injury, word is that Lee Evans will get the call. I'm working to confirm that Evans was an AFC alternate at the receiver position after his 1,292-yard receiving season. Cross your fingers for 83. ---

I hope not. Why would we want to see Lee's value inflate due to injury? Any probowl appearance will translate into leverage when it comes down to signing. And speaking of that, I hope the Bills extend Evans THIS offseason, while they're 30 million under the cap. I think Lee is already a top-5 receiver in the league and I don't think we've seen his best yet. 7 years, 30 million now or you're looking at 50% more next year. Somewhat arbitary numbers, basing off Branch's contract, but you get the idea.

You are a sh------- fan if you don't want Lee Evans to be a pro bowler. He deserves it if Marvin can't go.

He deserved to be in on the original roster, over Andre Johnson. I mean, Johnson's a good player, but look at the stats.

Johnson: 103 catches, 1147 yards, 5 TD

Evans: 82 catches, 1292 yards, 8 TD

145 more yards and 3 more TDs on 21 fewer catches.

I hope not. Why would we want to see Lee's value inflate due to injury? Any probowl appearance will translate into leverage when it comes down to signing. And speaking of that, I hope the Bills extend Evans THIS offseason, while they're 30 million under the cap. I think Lee is already a top-5 receiver in the league and I don't think we've seen his best yet. 7 years, 30 million now or you're looking at 50% more next year. Somewhat arbitary numbers, basing off Branch's contract, but you get the idea.

He's a Steve Smith in the making. Let's hope they complement his other side with someone more impactful than Peerless Price. Indy's Harrison-Wayne double punch has been deadly for years now.

He's a Steve Smith in the making. Let's hope they complement his other side with someone more impactful than Peerless Price. Indy's Harrison-Wayne double punch has been deadly for years now.

but it also took time to develop... Reggie Wayne did not make a profound impact until his 3rd season, up until that year Harrison had been snagging over 100 catches/year without another threat on the team. Just look at 2002 where Harrison had a 143 catches and wayne had somewhere around 40. After that year, they were calling for a wide receiver in the draft, and polian decided to stick w/ the receivers they had and pick up dallas clark the TE to round out there core. This patience allowed for Stokely and Wayne to improve and complement Harrison. Honestly, I wouldn't see it to be a bad idea if the Bills could grab a quality TE in the draft, but I'd let Roscoe, Peerless and Reed fight for #2 again this year.