We might be losing someone from our coaching staff

ganesh

Steelers | Zierlein could replace Grimm

Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:40:04 -0800

Gerry Dulac, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Buffalo Bills assistant offensive line coach Larry Zierlein could be a candidate to replace Russ Grimm, who left Tuesday, Jan. 23, to become the assistant head coach and offensive line coach with the Arizona Cardinals.

Coaching Changes for the Steelers

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can't lose him, He's an assistant offensive line coach. Our line was so good, now it will be horrible.

Oh wait, our line was horrible. Well then, Have a good time in Pittsburgh, have your desk cleared out by 5

May be the line being poor had something to do with the players.....

Also, I am still not very high on our line coach McNally....Let us not blame our OL woes to our assistant OL coach....

I am sure there was a good reason why Jauron wanted Larry in the 1st place....

May be the line being poor had something to do with the players.....

Also, I am still not very high on our line coach McNally....Let us not blame our OL woes to our assistant OL coach....

I am sure there was a good reason why Jauron wanted Larry in the 1st place....

Its a joke

I'm just saying, he was an assistant coach of a not very good o-line, I'm not going to cry over losing him, or worry we won't be as good.

Steelers | Zierlein could replace Grimm

Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:40:04 -0800

Gerry Dulac, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Buffalo Bills assistant offensive line coach Larry Zierlein could be a candidate to replace Russ Grimm, who left Tuesday, Jan. 23, to become the assistant head coach and offensive line coach with the Arizona Cardinals.

Coaching Changes for the Steelers

Somebody actually hiring a coach from the Bills staff???

We will never be the same......... :thumbdown:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can't lose him, He's an assistant offensive line coach. Our line was so good, now it will be horrible.

Oh wait, our line was horrible. Well then, Have a good time in Pittsburgh, have your desk cleared out by 5

Oh I beg to differ my friend. Just wait till next year when we lose a big game and we all come to the same conclusion.... We coulda, woulda, shoulda....Who the hell let that assistant offensive line coach go ?! That move in January just cost us the Lombardi Trophy. Just wait you'll see !!

Its a joke

I'm just saying, he was an assistant coach of a not very good o-line, I'm not going to cry over losing him, or worry we won't be as good.

You could, on the other hand, argue that he was assistant coach of a line that saw dramatic improvement and recognized that change was needed in the personnel -- like finally moving Peters to LT, giving Pennington a shot, telling Tutan Reyes to take a seat, and seeing that Gandy was a much better guard than LT.

Or you could thank Chris Villarial for getting injured.

You could, on the other hand, argue that he was assistant coach of a line that saw dramatic improvement and recognized that change was needed in the personnel -- like finally moving Peters to LT, giving Pennington a shot, telling Tutan Reyes to take a seat, and seeing that Gandy was a much better guard than LT.

You make a very good point.

I choose point #2 (Villarial) until we can make more than one yard on our infamous offtackle Left on first and 10. Improvement... yes, but Pennington playing may have more to do with him having a 'pulse' as with his working his way up the depth chart due to astute "assistant coaching". It was more like "Can somebody give the QB just a half-second to throw the ball? SOMEBODY ??

Zierlein indeed has left us for Pittsburgh. Wonder if Jauron will add another guy to the staff or if he'll just leave it as is.

I have no idea what it would take or if he'd be at all interested but I'd love to hear if Kent Hull would take the job. That's a total shot in the dark on my part, though. Next thing we know PFT will be reporting this as a serious rumor based on my post. :)

Zierlein indeed has left us for Pittsburgh. Wonder if Jauron will add another guy to the staff or if he'll just leave it as is.

I have no idea what it would take or if he'd be at all interested but I'd love to hear if Kent Hull would take the job. That's a total shot in the dark on my part, though. Next thing we know PFT will be reporting this as a serious rumor based on my post. :blink:

:)

I consider it a loss. Hey, anybody who had any input whatsoever into placing Peters at LT deserves kudos galore.

Hopefully McNally is aware of another bright young mind who can step in and help out. Lord knows we need all the help that we can get up front.