NHL Skills Competition

meazza

That was almost unwatchable. It could have been very exciting - but there were moments of dead air, players just standing around, and boring commentary. This is where the NHL needs to put on a SHOW and not just something akin to events at a trackmeet.

That was almost unwatchable. It could have been very exciting - but there were moments of dead air, players just standing around, and boring commentary. This is where the NHL needs to put on a SHOW and not just something akin to events at a trackmeet.

I don't know if it was because I was younger or because it used to be on ESPN, but I always remembered the past skills competitions as a cool, entertaining thing. Last night's presentation was terrible. Emrick got the score wrong several times, we had to wait nearly 15 minutes between the first and second competitions (and it was obvious Vs. was not prepared to fill), the production was off, and the four of them (Emrick, Messier, Clement, and Olyczk) were doing a lot of talking over each other and were suprisingly unpolished. I know they weren't exactly covering the Super Bowl, but still. I was totally unimpressed with Vs. last night but I'm not sure why that's a shock...