When I awoke this morning, it was with a smile...

The_Real

Exactly. It means nothing. All it means is that THEY made the AFC championships after beating the Chargers in SD. It doesn't make the Bills any better.

Until Buffalo beats NE, all this whining and half-gloating is moot.

you're right, it doesn't make buffalo any better. but it sure does feel good. so what the hell is your problem?

We split games with the Pats next year. Mark it down.

That would be a good start....We need to beat the Pats in our own backyard....The last 3-4 times we have played them close in NE....however we have been pasted by them at home...

That would be a good start....We need to beat the Pats in our own backyard....The last 3-4 times we have played them close in NE....however we have been pasted by them at home...

So many things go into beating another team that typically dominates you. But as the year progressed, I don't think anyone would argue that our team clearly got better. As a result, I would most certainly have liked to have played NE after the bye week when we made adjustments to the OL. Suddenly we are better at protecting the quarterback, better at second-half adjustments, better at gameplanning and we both know if you stick it in the endzone on fourth-and-1 in our first meeting (the revamped team would have a better success rate on a play like that), it would have gone a long way to changing the outcome of that game.

But of course, even if we beat them once next year, people will still cry that it doesn't matter until you do it consistently. You can't please people who refuse to be pleased for any amount of time. Some people are just happier when they're bitching.

Again, I asked this question 150 times last night and got no good answers to it:

What the hell does this have to do with the Bills? Does it somehow validate the team that choked the chicken 4 years in a row? Does it make this current team that hasn't made the PLAYOFFS in seven seasons any better?

Before we start gloating, howsabout we MAKE IT to the playoffs for a change?

Let me try to explain it to you in haiku:

I hate New England.

God, do I hate New England.

I hate New England.

The Bills don't have to do well for me to hate the Patriots. The only prerequisite is that the Patriots exist.

That prick bellyache wouldn't even shake Peyton's hand when he left the field. All he did was push him away. Bellyache didn't even bother shaking or congratulating Tony Dungy. What a prick!

He actually did congratulate and hug Dungy, but I look forward to the day he blows off our quarterback at midfield because JP knocked them out of the playoffs.