Losman and Evans

zow2

Despite all the doom and gloom for this season, we do have some exciting young guys coming up to lead in the future. Let's face it, Drew is riding off into the sunset. He's just hanging onto the starting role for another couple weeks and then the reality of having to groom the next QB will take over. Even the guys on ESPN radio agree. You can't do what Cincinnati did with Carson Palmer and expect to be successful. If you have a young QB and he's the future, you need to get him playing time in his first year...otherwise you end up starting a completely raw 2nd year guy and it sets you back another full season.

BTW, Drew looked good when he had time.

64232[/snapback]

Can you name any NFL starter who doesn't look good when they have time? Every single one of them can find a WR and hit him with no pressure...Randy Cross said this a few times on the broadcast and I consider it an insult, not a compliment. A compliment is, "that guy makes plays even when everything breaks down".

At this point, you can tell that a lot of the doom&gloomers are just a bunch of talk. They all say they've given up on the season long ago; but they really didn't - otherwise they wouldn't be so p!ssed off right now.

As for me? I really meant it when I said I was giving up last week. I can tell because for the 1st time this season after a game, I'm not full of anger&frustration. It's just over and I know it. Hence, I'm also taking some positives out of a game for the 1st thim this year:

It looks like we may have some players in Evans & McGahee. IF Losman turns into a player, we have a pretty good nucleus for '05.

That leaves OL and DE as the only glaring weaknesses. The good news is that bargain OLmen can often be found in the 2nd & 3rd rounds (I'm hoping TD isn't stupid enough to ignore this position again next year). Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of DE's, where most of the good one's are taken in the 1st round. My strategy would be to focus exclusively on the OL in the draft, and try to take care of the DE problem in either Free Agency, or a trade involving Henry.

P.S. - It's too bad Rothlisberger didn't drop to us in the draft. If you're sick of the hype he's getting after 3 games, I can understand where you're coming from if you've just watched the hilights. However, I watched most of that game today, and the kid can flat out play.

The kids were alright today.

Even though Drew looked OK I think our best days are ahead of us, with another QB. I don't think I can watch this version of the team lose another game. Always will be a Bills fan but I am going to sit this season out until Losman comes back. I have too many other things to do, and not enough money and time to spend at the bar for these games. These guys need a spark; it ain't coming till youth is served.

it's been difficult nursing losman back to health, like i promised my dad, since i live in nyc and all... <_< (you know his lifelong dream of me marrying a Bills player)

but i think his return at least provides a glimmer of hope in the rest of the season!!! i dont think mularkey would have put him in just yet, but at least it would have been an option for next week.