Classic Wrestling..... Heres one for the ages!!!

NavyBillsFan

Nice - I've spent more time watching old wrestling matches on that site than I'd care to admit.

Know what man, For every single dvd and vhs in my collection, I will never have them all...

Youtube is a great place man, check out the Backlund/Iron Shiek match, the classic throw in the towl match, Ill post it if I can find it

check out the Backlund/Iron Shiek match, the classic throw in the towl match, Ill post it if I can find it

Wow. I still have way too much of this stuff in my brain. I swore it was real until about 5th grade. Anyway....I believe Backlund lost because he had been attacked and hurt by the Shiek while Backlund was "twirling" the Shiek's concrete clubs (not sure what those things were). He had said no man could do it and, of course, Backlund "stepped up" and did it. Obviously we all know this was the set up... he was "hurt" in the attack; proceded to wrestle and lost to the Shiek.....who became the "bad guy" for Hogan to take down. I remember Backlund introducing Hogan to take his place in the rematch in one of those Gene Okerlund interviews. As pathetic as this is when I read it back to myself.....I loved it as a kid. :D

Some great stuff to search for...

Abdullah the Butcher (I was scared to death of this guy as a kid)

Any Memphis Wrestling (the greatest of all 70-80 wrestling stables)

Rick Steamboat vs. Randy Savage (the greatest match of all wrestling all time!)

The great Von Erich vs Bad Street USA war! (Fun stuff and great promos)

Anything Midnight Express vs. Rock and Roll Express

First time the Road Warriors lost in the AWA vs. Michael Hayes and Jimmy Garvin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxPiEpddYIU

Hogans first WWF match... Horrible match!

It was a terrible match but it was interesting that he fought DiBiase.

Years later when Hogan was popular, DiBiase came back into the WWF as the million dollar man and bribed people to gain advantages. He really threw a lot of money around. I remember this as being around 86 or 87. The match you linked was from 79. Do you know what DiBiase did between then to get so rich? My guess would be the stock market but I have not read anything about it.

Years later when Hogan was popular, DiBiase came back into the WWF as the million dollar man and bribed people to gain advantages. He really threw a lot of money around. I remember this as being around 86 or 87. The match you linked was from 79. Do you know what DiBiase did between then to get so rich? My guess would be the stock market but I have not read anything about it.

:D :D :wallbash:

He was huge in the market. He was a very wealthy man and lost a ton of that money in bad investments.

He know owns a Christian Wrestling Fed and has his own Ministry.

One of the few classic wrestlers I dont have autographs on but I hear he is a very nice guy.

The Road Warriors were the two guys who scared the most sh-- out of me as a kid....anyone who only knows them from their time in the WWE has no clue how devastating these guys really were. Back in the early 80s when they were in the NWA they would just hit the ring in start throwing people around like rag dolls. Fake or not, I wouldn't want to have been on the receiving end of what those dudes were dishing out.

I definitely agree that wrestling back in the 70s/80s was awesome....I used to look forward to picking up my wrestling mags each month to see where everyone was in the standings. Good times....

The Road Warriors were the two guys who scared the most sh-- out of me as a kid....anyone who only knows them from their time in the WWE has no clue how devastating these guys really were. Back in the early 80s when they were in the NWA they would just hit the ring in start throwing people around like rag dolls. Fake or not, I wouldn't want to have been on the receiving end of what those dudes were dishing out.

I definitely agree that wrestling back in the 70s/80s was awesome....I used to look forward to picking up my wrestling mags each month to see where everyone was in the standings. Good times....

And now there's guys like Cena & Orton wrestling in main events ;)

Wrestling went bad in 1989. That is where I stopped my tape collection.

If anyone here would like to see their fav. show, pm me. You provide the blank dvds, and I will burn them for you. I have about everything from the 70-80 era. I got a list but way to long to post here but here is everything broke down..

NWA from 1985 to 1998. I have ALL of the WTBS shows on at 8am and 6pm. Close to over 2500 shows, nothing cut! See your fav coms too!!

Georgia Championship Wrestling 1978- Black Sunday (1985) (Remember black Sunday? When WWF bought out the contract on WTBS and started showing WWF insted of GCW? People rioted outside of TBS in Atlanta because of this... The contact was bought back from Vince Mc and given back to GWA which turned into Crockett Promotions NWA! First time ever, Vince showed up on their first show and said sorry to the fans and gave them back what they wanted. Bold move by Vince but a great one since the WWF took right off after that. Won the hearts and minds of the Southern Wrestling fans!)

Memphis Championship Wrestling - IMHO The GREATEST of all wrestling with some great story lines and wrestlers... This is were the WWE stole most of their wrestlers (Bundy, Savage)... Jerry the King Lawler ran the show there. Great stuff and I got them all!!! 1976-1988.. Will take close to 600 dvds to cover them all!!

Portland Championship Wrestling (the start of Rod Piper folks!!!)

Mid Atlantic Wrestling, Got broken years here but one of the best ever

World Class Championship Wrestling -- Great Texas Wrestling!!!! With the Von Erichs/Freebird fued!!!

AWA Wrestling -- Got 8 years worth!! At on time, AWA owned every fed except for the WWWF (World Wide Wrestling Fed, before the WWE)

Glow! Female wrestling from Vegas! Got them all!!!

Rollar Derby..... I know there is a few here who watched it! Use to come on before TBS at 6am!!! Got some of that too!!!

Gosh.... Im not even half through guys.... Just ask what your looking for!

Me and two guys from work went watch a WWE Raw house show in New Orleans last night, it has been about 10 years since I seen it in person, and it was pretty fun. I hope they don't wait 10 more years before coming back to my area because I want to go again.

Btw, Giant Khali is the biggest human I have ever seen.

And now there's guys like Cena & Orton wrestling in main events :blink:

Yeah, doesn't do much for me, either....Orton sometimes shows flashes of being a throwback, perhaps because of his lineage, but Cena is nauseating to me.

When I read about Bam Bam passing away the other day, for some reason I started thinking about Rick Rude (since he also passed away somewhat recently). I think this was one of the more underrated wrestlers, even though he had a fair bit of success in the ring. I used to read about him when he was in World Class Wrestling, and then I became a fan when he hit WCW (he and Manny Fernandez were a badass tag team) and then WWE. All the guy ever needed was a micrphone to get the crowd all riled up before a match, and he always put on a good show.

I still keep tabs on what's going on in the WWE, but it'll never compare to how it used to be.