Are there any Doctors in the house?

zevo

Its kind of weird that I am asking this since I do have a medical background (PharmD), but I have a question for any medical staff on the wall. About 2 weeks ago I started to get a weird sensation in my left foot that can be described as numb/cold/achey that bothered me for a few days. I then noticed that I got a localized spot on my left calf that also had th same feeling. The bestway I can dscribe the feeling is when you ar comign down with Influenzae, and your skin becomes really sensitive that it hurts to rub it. Anyway, the "pain" stayed in the calf and foot a few days, then left. It then seemed to moveto the middle of my left thigh, in a localized area. I then noticed I had a second "pain patch" that was localized on my lower back. Currently the pain seems to have left my left thigh and is now localized in my right thigh and still on my lower back. I also woke up two days ago with a horribly stiff neck that seems to have gotten better since then.

I really have no idea whats going on but this pain seems to be rotating throughout my body. I thought maybe some sort of neuropathy or even potentially shingles, but there is no presentation of a rash. The stiff neck had me also thinking meningitis but I have no other symptoms such as headche and I generally fell good besides this skin pain. Anyone have any ideas? I'm at a loss. By the way I am 24 years old and in good health.

This sounds like sciatica. You probably twinged your back at some time and have irritated the nerve. Hopefully it's something temporary, but if it's a disc problem which may be the case, it will pop back up now and then. I'd go talk to your doctor if it sticks around and he can run an Xray and MRI if it hurts you bad over time. Is the "pain" more of an uncomfortable feeling instead of a broken bone pain? Especially in your mid-lower thigh, it will feel like it's asleep, but will be sensitive to rub it, like a bunch of tiny needles. Some people get it to feel like a hot poker if it compresses you back long enough. I have this myself, and you'll hear a bunch of pregnant women getting this as the extra weight crunches the back.

Hope this rings a bell.

Its kind of weird that I am asking this since I do have a medical background (PharmD), but I have a question for any medical staff on the wall. About 2 weeks ago I started to get a weird sensation in my left foot that can be described as numb/cold/achey that bothered me for a few days. I then noticed that I got a localized spot on my left calf that also had th same feeling. The bestway I can dscribe the feeling is when you ar comign down with Influenzae, and your skin becomes really sensitive that it hurts to rub it. Anyway, the "pain" stayed in the calf and foot a few days, then left. It then seemed to moveto the middle of my left thigh, in a localized area. I then noticed I had a second "pain patch" that was localized on my lower back. Currently the pain seems to have left my left thigh and is now localized in my right thigh and still on my lower back. I also woke up two days ago with a horribly stiff neck that seems to have gotten better since then.

I really have no idea whats going on but this pain seems to be rotating throughout my body. I thought maybe some sort of neuropathy or even potentially shingles, but there is no presentation of a rash. The stiff neck had me also thinking meningitis but I have no other symptoms such as headche and I generally fell good besides this skin pain. Anyone have any ideas? I'm at a loss. By the way I am 24 years old and in good health.

Have you been in the vicinity of any radioactive spiders?

Seriously, any odd pains like that in the back sounds like a reason for a trip to the doctor.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to add that the spider thing was only half kidding. It may be an allergic reaction to something. Just a thougt.

Could be a herniated disc/spinal stenosis.

The pain can travel down to the fott and radiate through the toes. When walking downhill, or very fast, do your calf muscles cramp? If so, this is called pseudocaludication, and it's spinal stenosis. If not, it sounds like you have a disc problem.

It could be bilharziasis

Then again, it might be the first warning signs of AIDS.

But of course, it's probably nothing.

You might want to take up watching "House".

They just might cover those symptoms on an upcoming episode - if not this year then probably next - or the following year for sure.

I don't know man, it's your body and your life.

You might want to make an appointment with a real medical Doctor.

Just a thought.

Could be a herniated disc/spinal stenosis.

The pain can travel down to the fott and radiate through the toes. When walking downhill, or very fast, do your calf muscles cramp? If so, this is called pseudocaludication, and it's spinal stenosis. If not, it sounds like you have a disc problem.

I don't think it really sounds like a disc but it could be. I had a completely ruptured disc between my L1 & L2 that required surgery in August. I had pains that shot all the way down my leg and they were fuggin intense! It felt like someone stabbed me in the ass cheek and drug the knife all the way to the bottom of my foot. I guess if you have a smaller herniation in a disc you could have some of the symptoms you describe. But don't get your information of this message board, go to the doctor or at the very least go to webmd or something.