I came up with a crazy idea!

I was thinking that instead of just doing a GM mock draft, we should do a whole mock off-season (Free Agency, Trades, Cuts, Draft). I was thinking that the free-agents could have a set price (different price depending upon the player), and you the GMs sign them (if more than one GM were interest in a Free Agent, then they'd have to bid for him.) Of course each team will have their real cap room.

Anybody have any comments, advice, or ideas. Would anybody be interested in this??

I was thinking that instead of just doing a GM mock draft, we should do a whole mock off-season (Free Agency, Trades, Cuts, Draft). I was thinking that the free-agents could have a set price (different price depending upon the player), and you the GMs sign them (if more than one GM were interest in a Free Agent, then they'd have to bid for him.) Of course each team will have their real cap room.

Anybody have any comments, advice, or ideas. Would anybody be interested in this??

You need to get out more.

Seriously, though, I wonder why Madden doesn't do a better job of this. They release the game in late August, which is fine, you want to have a realistic 2007 season ready. But they should give you two options: Start in August, 2007, or start in February, 2007. Get a chance to have your own offseason. If they did it right, they could even let you start in (say) August, 2001 and go from there.

Seriously, though, I wonder why Madden doesn't do a better job of this. They release the game in late August, which is fine, you want to have a realistic 2007 season ready. But they should give you two options: Start in August, 2007, or start in February, 2007. Get a chance to have your own offseason. If they did it right, they could even let you start in (say) August, 2001 and go from there.

NFL head coach by EA attempted this. it was released in june 06, and it started with the beginning of the 06 calendar year. the game was a flop tho.