When did this become a Patriots Fan Board?

Maybe they are in our division. Maybe they are the last great dynasty team. Maybe they are now the ultimate underdog. A great team that is now a shadow of its former self, yet week in and week out they find a way to win becuase the play together as a team. Any football fan can see the beauty in it.

This is the thing I dont get about the love fest for the pats. Yeah I can appreciate well coached football and teams who just find ways to win. I just really wonder where this perception of the "underdog" comes from when pertains to the pats? It's not like they dont have a defensive line full of 1st rd picks Seymour/Wilfork/Warren. Seymour being pretty established as one of the top if not the best defensive linemen in the game. Or an established top 3 quaterback with the best coach currently in the game? Going up against an overachieving jets team with a rookie hc, marty chokenheimer, and now another notorious playoff choker tony dungy and peyton manning? I'd be more shocked if the pats lost.

They have a banged up secondary (starting 2 safeties nobody wanted). They have a revolving door at WR (Peyton Manning has worked with the same 2 receivers year after year. Tom Brady has a new set of targets every month that he has to acclimate himself to). They are starting a rookie 6th round pick at LB after losing Seau.

Yes, they have a great defensive line but they face some adversity year after year that would normally sink the ship for most teams.

This is the thing I dont get about the love fest for the pats. Yeah I can appreciate well coached football and teams who just find ways to win. I just really wonder where this perception of the "underdog" comes from when pertains to the pats? It's not like they dont have a defensive line full of 1st rd picks Seymour/Wilfork/Warren. Seymour being pretty established as one of the top if not the best defensive linemen in the game. Or an established top 3 quaterback with the best coach currently in the game? Going up against an overachieving jets team with a rookie hc, marty chokenheimer, and now another notorious playoff choker tony dungy and peyton manning? I'd be more shocked if the pats lost.

They have a banged up secondary (starting 2 safeties nobody wanted). They have a revolving door at WR (Peyton Manning has worked with the same 2 receivers year after year. Tom Brady has a new set of targets every month that he has to acclimate himself to). They are starting a rookie 6th round pick at LB after losing Seau.

Yes, they have a great defensive line but they face some adversity year after year that would normally sink the ship for most teams.

The safeties I get although Harrison when healthy is still a good player. Not as good as he used to be but still effective and a presence over the middle who brings a lot of experience to the table. Hawkins/Sanders Yeah I get that. Although safeties generally aren't key players but point noted.

Losing wr's means nothing. You dont build championship teams with wideouts. The pats do a great job surrounding brady with a cast of talent. Ben Watson/Daniel Graham/Maroney are all 1st rd picks. Dillon who has gotten back on track this season. An oline with consists of 3 1st day picks. The argument that brady doesnt have good talent around him doesn't hold water. For years the pats have run their offense a lot of 2 te sets with average wr's. Placing importance on their oline wth a competant running game to relieve pressure off Brady. It's the same story this year, except they rely a little more on the run game. The argument that brady is bereft of talent doesn't hold water with 3 1st rd picks around him. 4 couting guard logan mankins.

The pats starting lb's are listed as banta cain/bruschi/vrabel/colvin. No 6th rd rookie in that group. All have received extensive playing time. I'll assume when Seau was in vrabel was moved outside. Banta cain has been starting since week 13. Vrabel started all season. Same for Bruschi and Colvin. Their 6th rd pick de/olb jeremey mincey is no longer on the pats roster. The only "weak" part of that defense is their secondary made a hell of a lot better by their awesome defensive line. I just don't see that team as underdogs in the least. If anything they should be favored of the remaining teams to win it all. Anything less would be a dissapointment

Again GuessWhozBack21 proves why he is one of the best posters on TSW.