CBS NFL trounces FOX

Is it just me or is today a great example of how much CBS does a better job than Fox in covering the NFL.

Better replays and better angles.

Better context and insight on the game.

Better colour commentary. (Where was the deep critique of Bush's bumbling fumble in the 4th quarter. Johnston says absolutely nothing)

Better graphics.

Better pre-game show, half-time show and studio. (Yeah, Marino doesn't add much value, but Bradshaw and Johnson are relics)

Better use of silence when silence is best applied. (Too much blabber from Stockton. Sometimes silence is the best play-by-play as Jim Nance is so good at.)

Saragusa makes for a few good laughs and is the only thing that differentiates Fox.

......No wonder JB left Fox for CBS...........

CBS had what seemed like 3 times as many commercial breaks, I know the Ravens / Colts game was bad but I feel like I saw more commercials then football in their game

I thought the Fox broadcast was lightyears ahead of the CBS broadcast

You obviously forgot the one category that counts most.

Fox has much better robots.

:w00t:

Fox NFL broadcasts are terrible. I nearly lost it during Pats/Lions - terrible announcers (although they were far from the A team for a game of that caliber), awful presentation complete with the worst camera angles I'd ever seen, and that damn robot every ad break!!!!! :w00t:

Thank God there's only two of those a year.

CBS is far better except that they don't broadast in HD in the Binghamton area.

sucks balls

I won't get into the "which network does a better job" thing.. but, Dick Stockton/Troy Aikman should NEVER be allowed to do another playoff game, again.. In the 3rd Qtr, someone ran in for a TD, and those guess showed about as much enthusiasm as a Spelling Bee announcer. It was really sad. It's a friggin' playoff game guys.. try to show some excitement.. your job isn't only to call the game, but to try to sell it, too.

During the regular season, there were a lot of games that the Bills had that both CBS and FOX ranked very low. We got their worst announcers, horrible camera angles due to lack of cameras, no HD, and the worst directors (thank God when Roscoe Parrish had his "two feet in" catch there was no replay of it (even though I think he caught it as ESPN showed later by blowing the picture up).

Bottom line is when the Bills were low priority for Fox or CBS, the broadcasts sucked equally.

Regarding yesterday, CBS did a better technical job although Greg Gumbel and Dierdorf made a few big mistakes. Both CBS and FOX have their number one crews today.

CBS is far better except that they don't broadast in HD in the Binghamton area.

sucks balls

Yeah, but they broadcast in digital.....whatever the heck difference that makes.....and it isn't available outside Binghamton. Go figure. Doh. Even WSKG in broadcasting in HD.