Bad year for Free Agencey???

Buffan00

Yikes. That Geathers contract is scary. The Bills might not sign ANY free agent better than Kelsay this offseason.

Kelsay will get almost as much if he waits. Remember, Geathers, unlike Kelsay was only a RFA. This makes TD look pretty good for extending the contract of Schobel, who makes about the same (or perhaps even less, I forgot).

Again, with a lack of free agents, I think that the price to trade down in the draft will go up, and the traditional "value charts" can be thrown out, at least for the time being. Trades might become more prevelant, because teams will be better prepared to absorb cap hits normally associated with trades (accelerated bonuses).

Soon, there will be disgruntled players on all teams, but the Bills should have more than their share. Schobel is now playing for peanuts in terms of his value, as is Evans. One more good year for JP and he is a 7 million dollar (or so) player.

Peters? If he improves off of last season, he will probably be worth at least 7 mil per season, considering the fact that Jennings and Backus earn 6 or 7 million each. The thing is, he JUST signed.

The above is part of the reason that I think they will "franchise" Fletcher.

Kelsay will get almost as much if he waits. Remember, Geathers, unlike Kelsay was only a RFA. This makes TD look pretty good for extending the contract of Schobel, who makes about the same (or perhaps even less, I forgot).

Again, with a lack of free agents, I think that the price to trade down in the draft will go up, and the traditional "value charts" can be thrown out, at least for the time being. Trades might become more prevelant, because teams will be better prepared to absorb cap hits normally associated with trades (accelerated bonuses).

Soon, there will be disgruntled players on all teams, but the Bills should have more than their share. Schobel is now playing for peanuts in terms of his value, as is Evans. One more good year for JP and he is a 7 million dollar (or so) player.

Peters? If he improves off of last season, he will probably be worth at least 7 mil per season, considering the fact that Jennings and Backus earn 6 or 7 million each. The thing is, he JUST signed.

And this also shows the importance of signing Nate..there is NOBODY out there we could sign to replace him...gotta show him the $$$$$$$$> :pirate:

The above reasons make it important to re-sign Clements not franchising Fletcher. If they have a good vibe at what they can get in the draft for a MLB position, I hugely doubt they will franchise fletcher. It might happen that fletcher might find the market too cold for him (his age) and return back to the Bills at the Bills terms.

The above reasons make it important to re-sign Clements not franchising Fletcher. If they have a good vibe at what they can get in the draft for a MLB position, I hugely doubt they will franchise fletcher. It might happen that fletcher might find the market too cold for him (his age) and return back to the Bills at the Bills terms.

I just think he no longer wants to be here, he is still very bitter the Bills didn't re-sign him earlier, I don't expect him to be back

Nate will not sign before he can test the market unless the Bills wow him with a huge offer, but even then, he knows Washington is very interested in him and they will pretty much pay anything to be one of Snyders new toy Action Figures so I think the Bills get out bid on him, but I don't think the Bills won't try to keep him

I don't think this should be a reason to get rid of him personnally, but the impression I get from being near Buffalo is that Willis just bought his plane ticket out of here with his comments and mediocre play last year. I think they should keep him for his contract year, but I have a feeling he is on the table. The coaching staff, Marv and Ralph don't seem to be as impressed as Willis is with Willis's play. I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved on draft day, but I doubt we get anything more then a 4th or 5th for him. And A-train WILL NOT BECOME THE STARTER (he is not a starter, but he is an excellent backup) next season. They will bring in a FA RB and probably draft one sometime on the first day

I just think he no longer wants to be here, he is still very bitter the Bills didn't re-sign him earlier, I don't expect him to be back

Nate will not sign before he can test the market unless the Bills wow him with a huge offer, but even then, he knows Washington is very interested in him and they will pretty much pay anything to be one of Snyders new toy Action Figures so I think the Bills get out bid on him, but I don't think the Bills won't try to keep him

I don't think this should be a reason to get rid of him personnally, but the impression I get from being near Buffalo is that Willis just bought his plane ticket out of here with his comments and mediocre play last year. I think they should keep him for his contract year, but I have a feeling he is on the table. The coaching staff, Marv and Ralph don't seem to be as impressed as Willis is with Willis's play. I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved on draft day, but I doubt we get anything more then a 4th or 5th for him. And A-train WILL NOT BECOME THE STARTER (he is not a starter, but he is an excellent backup) next season. They will bring in a FA RB and probably draft one sometime on the first day

Nostradomus? :pirate: