Branch not in class, expected to enter the draft

JuanGuzman

Michigan defensive tackle Alan Branch is expected to enter the NFL draft after reports he hasn't registered for any spring classes.

Branch could be a top ten pick in April's draft. The 6-6, 330 pound tackle is immovable on the inside of the defensive line. His size and strength allows him to hold his ground and clog running lanes. Branch is also a very good athlete for his size and shows the ability to get around blocks.

Link

Trade up for him :thumbsup:

I think if Marv is serious about improving this rush defense, this is the guy we should go after. And he's athletic and can rush the passer, should have taken Ngata last year, we get a second chance to make a move for him, but as always, combine will dictate alot of what happens

I'd still pick the best ILB (P. Willis) over Branch if the two were both available when we pick. LBs are more versatile, I'd rather have a Ray Lewis per se, than a Marcus Stroud. If the draft started tomorrow, our top needs in order of importance are: 1) OG 2) ILB and 3) DT

I'd still pick the best ILB (P. Willis) over Branch if the two were both available when we pick. LBs are more versatile, I'd rather have a Ray Lewis per se, than a Marcus Stroud. If the draft started tomorrow, our top needs in order of importance are: 1) OG 2) ILB and 3) DT

LBs are much easier to come by than linemen. I would throw my TV out the window if they passed up Branch to draft an LB.

LBs are much easier to come by than linemen. I would throw my TV out the window if they passed up Branch to draft an LB.

As would I....but Branch is not falling to #12....no way

For MLB...Would any of you take a risk on Anthony Waters(John Vilma type)....Dude was an easy 1st rounder before he tore his ACL...now he will be a day two pick....His upside is really high if he can return from the injury....any takers??