30 day deadline for bass pro may be relaxed...

LabattBlue

This city is unbelievable. In mid December, they gave Bass Pro a 30 day ultimatum to sh-- or get off the pot. Now two weeks later, the powers that be(Erie Canal Harbor Development Corp) are singing a different tune. Once again, no surprise that any attempt at progress always comes to a crawl in WNY.

...Quinn, who has led the direct talks with Bass Pro senior executives over the last 16 months, noted the Christmas and New Year's holidays did limit contact over the last two weeks. He hinted that the stated Jan. 16 deadline to get a final decision from Bass Pro might be loosened by a few days to compensate for lost negotiating time.

Anthony H. Gioia, the development corporation's chairman, confirmed the deadline could be extended if there are signs a deal is imminent.

"Nobody's going to be stupid. If we're within a heartbeat of a deal, we're not going to point to the clock and shut the door," Gioia said, adding that any extension would be "days, not weeks, or months."

Gioia & Quinn...today it may be extended by a couple of days, tomorrow it will be a couple of weeks and before you know it, it will be 2008 and we'll still be in negotations! :w00t::lol: What's left to negotiate...Bass Pro takes the deal or they go away forever.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070104/1013597.asp

...and vice versa. I have a feeling Bass Pro kept going to the well until the city/ECHDC officials wouldn't take it anymore.

Agreed, the city shot their load from the beginning, saying Bass Pro would be the centerpiece of a revitalized downtown commercial district. The Bass Pro folks know they have been negotiating from a position of strength since then. I was actually happy when Buffalo nutted up and gave them a 30-day deadline...and !@#$ the extension...

The only true reason I want Bass Pro to become a reality is that I heard this Bass Pro will sell boats. I also heard that boats can be taken out into the inner harbor for a "test drive." My dream is to walk into Bass Pro with six friends, several coolers, a radio, and some sunscreen and tell them that I'm looking to buy a boat and would like to take it out. Load it up, head down to Sunset Bay, we'll have her back by midnight!!!

...and vice versa. I have a feeling Bass Pro kept going to the well until the city/ECHDC officials wouldn't take it anymore.

Quite so. The company eventually gets bundles of tax payer money (can there ever be enough?) to fund their private endeavor, and the officials get their pockets lined from the same source. Everybody is happy. Except the folks that get pay Bass Pro's high prices, or get robbed, broken into, raped, carjacked etc., and also the taxpayers left holding the bag when they leave town. :w00t:

My dream is to walk into Bass Pro with six friends, several coolers, a radio, and some sunscreen and tell them that I'm looking to buy a boat and would like to take it out. Load it up, head down to Sunset Bay, we'll have her back by midnight!!!

I want to see Bass Pro open here just to see you attempt this. :w00t: