Trimming the Fat

I've seen a lot of talk on the boards about who everyone thinks the Bills should go after in FA and the draft but have seen very little about who you guys think should be released or not resigned. I have a few in mind but I wanna hear who you guys think should go.

London Fletcher- Not worth the price tag his agent will be demanding considering he is on the back nine of his career.

Duke Preston- The revolving door of the Bills O line.

Kevin Everitt- Big time bust.

Ryan Denny- Can easily be replaced by Hardgrove in an area that would not see a dramatic dropoff in production.

Tim Anderson- A way below average tackle who could easily be replaced in the draft or free agancy.

Andre Davis, George Wilson- See above.

Everett has played one season since blowing out his knee......not everything is about today. I do think both Fletcher and Spikes will be gone, and Ellison will move to the middle

If we don't re-sign Nate or bring in an established CB through FA then we are going to have a serious question mark going into next season. When Winfield left, we at least had an inkling that McGee could play. I don't think Greer, K. Thomas, or Yobouty have shown us any of that up to this point.

If memory serves (which it probably doesn't) we did not know that McGee could play. I remember Thomas playing the dime and maybe nickle role in his rookie year. The only recollection I have of McGee is as a ST player. Someone please correct me.

Andre Davis was an absolute terror on the punt team. A threat as a deep receiver, an emergency KR. We need to resign him, he was awesome.

I was truly surprised at how well he covered kicks. If it came down to Davis or Aiken I would go Davis without question. Course there are going to be WR draft picks, UDFAs and maybe FA, so this could all be meaningless mumbojumbo in a couple months.

If memory serves (which it probably doesn't) we did not know that McGee could play. I remember Thomas playing the dime and maybe nickle role in his rookie year. The only recollection I have of McGee is as a ST player. Someone please correct me.

You're the second one to say this so maybe my perspective is off. That said, he did have 20 something tackles and 2 picks during Winfield's last season.

Fletcher- You just can't invest beaucoup dollars in a 32 year old player, no matter how good he still is, because he's always going to hit the wall at some point, and sooner than later. If the price is right, and the deal is not too long and is cap friendly, then I would love to see him back, but not to break the bank. That's just sound strategy and realism imo.

Duke Preston- Why would you cut a player who has at least performed serviceably as a starter when he could provide experienced depth? Just because he's not a top-notch starting guard does not mean he isn't valuable to the team.

Kevin Everett- As someone said, it doesn't hurt us to bring him back to camp. He's easily expandable before next season if something else pans out. He was supposed to be a pass catching TE out of the U, though. Another camp won't hurt things.

Ryan Denney- Ah, I see, you were referring to Kelsay. He is likely gone, as I like him but would not pay him the dollars he's going to command in this watered down/inflated FA salary cap era. Hargrove seems capable of taking Kelsay's spot and teaming with Denney. I would not be adverse to another body here that can rush the passer, but that is perhaps a luxury.... But we do need a little more consistent pass rush....

Tim Anderson- Absolutely no one will disagree with this.

Andre Davis- Another "WTF"? He was awesome on ST. We'll see how crowded the WR depth gets after this draft and free agency. He could be a casualty only because of roster spots, but I would not want to get rid of him.

George Wilson- Who cares?

Good post....you should post more(if you post like this all the time). :w00t:

Everett has played one season since blowing out his knee......not everything is about today. I do think both Fletcher and Spikes will be gone, and Ellison will move to the middle

whaaa?

Ellison would be the smallest middle linebacker in the pros + practically all Division 1A schools + some women's pro leagues and even a couple jacked-up mighty mite teams.

I think rather that Spikes or Crowell would be moved into the middle if we didn't get an adequate replacement in free agency.