ESPN News tidbit on Nate Clements Free Agency

ACor58

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nate is not in the top 10 CBs in the league

Really? It's funny 'cuz I follow the league too and I can only think of about 1 or 2 corners who are better all around players. Winfield is not one of them either. What part of Nate's game do you see as lacking?

Really? It's funny 'cuz I follow the league too and I can only think of about 1 or 2 corners who are better all around players. Winfield is not one of them either. What part of Nate's game do you see as lacking?

Yeah, I think there's a bit of a "reverse homer" effect for some people when it comes to Nate. They watch him so intently they see every mistake he makes, but don't really have a basis for comparison. IMO Nate's been playing lights-out for most of the year, some of the best play at corner I can remember seeing. It's gonna suck seeing him leave, especially when we're $25 million under the cap.

Wrong. they both agreed as soon as the season started to not discuss the contract further until the season was over.

Oh and for some that are looking for some semblance of hope, listen here:

Nate and Lee

What kind of hope can be derived from listening to that? When the topic of NC staying in Buffalo came up he played a very neutral and political role. He simply stated that when football season began it became strictly football, no contract talks.

When asked if he wanted to stay in Buffalo he simply stated that he "....was open to the idea....", that Buffalo gave him a chance to be successful early in his career.

There was certainly no indication of a dire interest on Nate's behalf to stay in Buffalo.

He was asked about if Buffalo now appearing to be competetive and if this would influence him to want to stay on this team he went on to talk about the new CBA and how it made it possible for ANY team to become a winner and compete.

Nate is fairly well spoken and minded his 'P's and 'Q's but I think it's quite inevitable....................

He's outta here. It's a 1st round corner for Bflo this year.

Since you asked....here are some that are better than NC

Champ Bailey

Chris Mcallister

Deangelo Hall

Ronde Barber

Charles Woodson

Walt Harris

Al Harris

Just to name a few.