now that the season is over

frogger

with one almost meaningless game left, unless you consider how important it would be to say Buffalo had an 8-8 season, which means a lot considering what experts were saying before the season began.

Lets grade the positions

Coaching-I give them a A- remember this is a young team with a new O and new D, it could have been a higher grade had we converted on the 4th down play two days ago, but they handled JP well, they changed around the OL which helped a lot.

QB-JP started off the same old JP (adios turd nuggets-one person will get that and laugh) But looked much better after the Bye, while the jury is still out he shows the heart, and ability to be a leader in Buffalo, B

RB-much was expected from McGahee, less was from Thomas, Thomas played well in backing up McGahee, take away the two Jets games and Mcgahee had a terrible year. as a 1st round pick he let us down C- would have been a D had thomas not played well a few times.

FB-yeah I grade the FB, and Shelton gets a C, not much of threat out of the backfield and gets out ran, not much was expected from him, he will never make us forget about Mueller, gardner, Gash or even Centers.

WR-we found our go to guy, but after that we have no one, Price had a few good moments as did Parrish and Reed all three would be great 3rd WR however we need a 2. Overall B, I think they saved JP a lot.

TE-I still feel this is a need position as time went on it got better, Royal would make a great 2nd TE. B- good blocking and a few good catches, just one too few :thumbsup:

LT-We found a winner Jason Peters gets an A, after being placed there at the midway point it made a huge difference on that side

LG-I give Gandy a B, a few times he made mistakes in pass blocking, but he is a good run blocker.

Center-Fowler-I think we found a center, nothing too special but he might be the best center we've had since the other 67, 10 years ago B+

RG-Preston had a few good moments but doesn't look to be anything more than a back up IMHO C

RT-would have been a A if Peters stayed, but I give him a B...as a late pick nothing was expected of him, few thought he'd make the team, but Penington showed potential, at first he got help from the TE but as time went on he was the reason Royal became more involved in the passing game. He needs to make the next jump.

RE-Schobel gets an A+ had a great year...did exactly what a RE does in a Cover 2...see Rice and Freeney if you disagree

LE-the combination of Kelsey and Denney turned out great A- 12 sacks combined is very good.

DT-looks to be our biggest need this offseason, I give them a D....Tripplett had moments, but sometimes I think he was trying to show off how explosive he can be, forcing himself almost out of the play completely. Williams showed promise but is a back up, Anderson should be playing elsewhere next year, and McCargo got injured before we could really tell if he was going to make much of an impact.

we gave up far too much up the middle this year.

ROLB-Crowell is going to be a star, if he returns healthy the Indy game showed how good he can be B+ I also am including Ellison who is a very good back up and special teamer

ILB-Fletcher-baker is very good, made some key stops but also made a lot of mistakes he is not a dominating LB but a guy who makes lot of tackels, sometimes 10 yards down field. B yeah I said it.

LOLB- gets a B the combination of Crowell and Spikes wasn't bad, and as the season went on Spikes showed more and more ability, but I think he'll be better next year.

CB-clements had his best year, A

Other CB-McGee had his worse year, C+

3rd CB-Youboty showed potential and I thought Thomas was good in run support B

SS-Whitner played very well, but I was always waiting for the big hit. B,

FS-Simpson gets a C+ I thought he was slow to the ball sometimes and isn't a good tackler, he will forever be shown in that LT run.

K-I don't blame Lindell, he was honest, but at the same time I want a kicker who will show the guts to try. A-, had a good year overall

P-Moorman, with the exception of the inability to make a little pass, he had a great year, A...I took away the plus because he throw it behind Peters...come on Moorman!

KR-never broke one but Mcgee got us good field position A

PR-Parrish-I hold my breathe every time he catches the ball, after the Miami game I waned to kill him. B+ because of that game, or it would have been an A-

Punt Coverage-A, we have two great gunners when we punt, but on kickoffs I thought we looked scared so they get B

feel free to do you own, just trying to get an idea of where we stand

FS-Simpson gets a C+ I thought he was slow to the ball sometimes and isn't a good tackler, he will forever be shown in that LT run.

I agree with most of your post but simpson is a very good FS and he got outrun by the best rb in the league as did the most of the rest fo the league, other than that i saw him in on just about every tackle and he saved a good number of touchdowns this year

Sorry I think Ko Simpson, who was a 4th round choice, gets a B. And Whiner who was a high 1st gets the C+. More was expected of him. he was OK not spectalcular.

Coaching gets an A for prep and game planning but a C for game coaching. Too many dumb calls and game deciesions

Remember though, Whitner and Simpson were rookies learning the NFL game right from the get go.....the college speed and NFL speed of the game are way different. I have a feeling these 2 kids will have a great 2007 season, atleast we have 2 guys we have complete faith in.

to be honest I didnt see many plays go beyond the safeties deep....they did well keeping plays in front of them!

I tried to not take into consideration that they were rookies, as a rookie playing Free safety he got an A as a player (regardless of years) I gave him a C+ his potential is great, and I think he'll be a good one

I tried to not take into consideration that they were rookies, as a rookie playing Free safety he got an A as a player (regardless of years) I gave him a C+ his potential is great, and I think he'll be a good one

878537[/snapback]

When did Youboty "show potential"????? :thumbsup:

in that one single game he played....come on you didn't witness his greatness? okay he showed potential in his single game, because he looked like a taller Winfield, and I like winfield, so potential it is.