Well...

What's the prevailing feeling among you tards?

I think the Defense is actually WORSE than the offense. No tackling. Poor schemes. Lack of LB talent.

Considering all the picks Marv wasted on the D, it sure doesn't look much better.

What a sickening loss that was. Yet again, everything's falling into place and the team chokes like Paris Hilton after a night of coke-induced whoring.

878008[/snapback]

Well, its clear you are devistated by this loss. As I am upset about it aswell, I have to look at the positives this year. We lost 5 games by 3 points or less. This team is 7-8 and with a handfull of plays we are fighting for homefield advantage for the playoffs.

I do think the defense needs to get better. That I do agree on. The run D clearly has to get better. Thats what it all boils down to. If the run D was better overall, the team would be alot better overall!

First and foremost, keep Nate Clements, pay him the money he deserves. Dont cut him loose cause if we do, we are starting all over again! Keep Fletcher, get a BIG defensive tackle that demands a double team......

This team is not that far away from being a very good team. Granted we are behind the Pats and Jets again, however, trust me when I say we were alot closer then you think we were!

Keep your head up, im disapointed aswell, but this team is alot better then last years team!

The D is not good in the clutch. It can't stop anyone whn you need it.

To me, that's the thing.

878061[/snapback]

In other words, we're soft against the run. Clutch time is run time and Sunday vs TEN was a great example of that. We really need to beef up the interior line. Tampa 2 doesn't mean you have lightweights inside. Indy has Corey Simon (though he did not play this season), Etc. I would let Fletcher go and seek an upgrade at that spot. He makes a lot of tackles, just not where you need them made on the field. But he's looking for a big payday, and a better, younger player would fit there. Robaire Smith or Tank Johnson (off field issues notwithstanding) will be worth a look in FA. Particularly with Fewell's ties with the Bears. They probably will not try to hard to resign Johnson, he's worth a look for us. The interior of the O line could use an upgrade as well. These are our two greatest offseason needs, I believe. :thumbsup:

I think the Defense is actually WORSE than the offense. No tackling. Poor schemes. Lack of LB talent.

Considering all the picks Marv wasted on the D, it sure doesn't look much better.

What a sickening loss that was. Yet again, everything's falling into place and the team chokes like Paris Hilton after a night of coke-induced whoring.

Ya... The Jets really lost... Everything just seems to be falling into place Joe! :P:P

PLEASE don't ever jump on the bandwagon again for BFLO sports... Seems everytime you fall off GOOD things happen!

Did I mention that the Sabres scored 6 goals in under 11 minutes last night? :doh:

You make the call:

JSP slams Sabres/Bills=Good things happen

JSP lauds the Bills/Sabres=Bad things happen

You are the perfect example for why the "Rhythm Method" doesn't work Joe... :P:P

Ya... The Jets really lost... Everything just seems to be falling into place Joe! :P:P

PLEASE don't ever jump on the bandwagon again for BFLO sports... Seems everytime you fall off GOOD things happen!

Did I mention that the Sabres scored 6 goals in under 11 minutes last night? :doh:

You make the call:

JSP slams Sabres/Bills=Good things happen

JSP lauds the Bills/Sabres=Bad things happen

You are the perfect example for why the "Rhythm Method" doesn't work Joe... :P:P

Er, OK.

:doh:

No doubt you will be back no faster than you can say: "Healthy Sabres making historic run for Lord Stanley's Cup."

I've no illusions about them, either. I want them to win in the worst possible way, but I just KNOW in the back of my mind that something will happen to them that'll keep it from happening. Injuries, a fluke call, a no-goal, something.

Yes, the defense was worse than the Offense for most of the year. However, played very well against Miami and the Jets. Giving up only 13 points over those two games. Poor tackling, I think, is an NFL problem not just a Bills problem.

Marv wasting picks on D? I don't get that. All of the rooks played very well for their FIRST year in the NFL. If anything, look at the playing time they received. This defense will be much, MUCH better next year with everyone having that one year under their belt.

Yes, the defense was worse than the Offense for most of the year. However, played very well against Miami and the Jets. Giving up only 13 points over those two games. Poor tackling, I think, is an NFL problem not just a Bills problem.

Marv wasting picks on D? I don't get that. All of the rooks played very well for their FIRST year in the NFL. If anything, look at the playing time they received. This defense will be much, MUCH better next year with everyone having that one year under their belt.

They were a waste as they did not address the most dire need on the defense.

No I don't. You said that the picks were a waste. Don't be dumb.

When the issue has been stopping the run, then yes, the picks were a waste. The DL should have been addressed.

But it wasn't, and since there's no going back in time, you can't cut and run now. You have to try and address it going forward.

When the issue has been stopping the run, then yes, the picks were a waste. The DL should have been addressed.

Did you not see the personnel that the Bills lost? The whole defense was the issue. If they hadn't have taken DBs, we would have had Matt Bowen and Coy Wire as our starting safeties.

They felt that the better players at that pick were the DBs. That doesn't mean that they are a waste.

you can't cut and run now.

Ok George :thumbsup: