Power Rankings

Mile High

This from Fox Sports.....

J.P. Losman -- often times the forgotten member of the great quarterback class of '03 -- is keeping Buffalo's playoff hopes alive week after week. Losman was efficient as always, going 13-19 for 200 yards and 3 touchdowns in the Bills 21-0 win over the Dolphins on Sunday. Would it be crazy to say Losman's had a better season in '06 than Rivers, Roethlisberger, and Eli Manning? Nope. Not at all. At 7-7, the Bills still have a flickering playoff hope. Their third year quarterback is a huge reason why.

You'd think they've been on the JP bandwagon for weeks & weeks rather than just hopping on this week. :nana:

At least his progression is finally being recognized.

This from Fox Sports.....

You'd think they've been on the JP bandwagon for weeks & weeks rather than just hopping on this week. :nana:

At least his progression is finally being recognized.

872591[/snapback]

Too bad he can't also recognize that JP was not a member of the class of '03 ;)

people get mad when he doesn't get any recognition, but when he does all of a sudden someone's a bandwagon jumper? It seems impossible to please anyone around here!!

872611[/snapback]

Hello....tap, tap, tap.....McFly.....tap, tap.

Read the quote.

If they simply started to recognize JP, that is totally fine....good in fact. They....however....chose to write as if they had been recognizing him for weeks & weeks. To use terms such as..."week after week" and "as always" is annoying. If they had that knowledge last week, the week before or last month.....why wait till now to write it?

Especially when all i heard from Chris Myers and Sean "I was a bench warming college bball player and not football" Farnum was that all their inside people in the NFL were of the concensus opinion that JP Losman had no chance at succeeding in the NFL. Its still cool when our players finally get recognized, because the sports media (especially since the boom of fantasy football) only look at stats and then determine who is good and bad on a week to week basis. Just look at each weeks superbowl "picks", whoever has one maybe two good games is the front runner for the superbowl. Unless of course you're the dolphins, then you are the perrenial super bowl favorite to start the year only to fold up like a french soldier in the face of the enemy. Media is fickle and its annoying but i still love reading things about our team even if they don't recognize the fact that they were completely wrong, because we all know they were wrong and i love coming to the realization that passionate fans know more about their own teams than any talking head or fish hack.

All are updated.

From Dr. Z.

Buffalo Bills (7-7)

Strength of arm is a serious factor in their choice of a QB to draft. Thus J.P. Losman had the muscle to zip the ball through major league gusts against Miami, as that great northern wind called The Hawk bit deeply. "J.P. has that mentality that he can throw it through a hurricane," quarterback coach Turk Schonert said.

I love it!

I agree with everyone here, i think our defense has played awesome, our special teams have been very good, Evans has been great, and the Oline has played much better, but we wouldn't be 7-7 and a possible playoff team if it wasn't for JP Losman. The kid has proved so many people wrong. I hope he keeps it going.

I think the only thing that bothers me about most of the rankings is that Pittsburgh is ahead of the Bills.

873862[/snapback]

After Monday night's game, one of the talking heads (I can't remember who, maybe Theismann) gushed, "Wouldn't be something if Pittsburgh got into the playoffs?". Yeah I guess. Considering they were supposed to, having, you know, won the Super Bowl and everything less than a year ago.

Hopefully that all comes to an end when Pittsburgh loses to Baltimore this week.

Frankly I'd be more impressed if Buffalo got in. :lol:

After Monday night's game, one of the talking heads (I can't remember who, maybe Theismann) gushed, "Wouldn't be something if Pittsburgh got into the playoffs?".  Yeah I guess.  Considering they were supposed to, having, you know, won the Super Bowl and everything less than a year ago. 

Hopefully that all comes to an end when Pittsburgh loses to Baltimore this week.

Frankly I'd be more impressed if Buffalo got in.  :lol:

873872[/snapback]

well check the Steelers' schedule... there's probably not more than 5 or 6 teams that'd have done better than Pittsburgh with that killer...

Miami W 28-17

Mon 9/18 at Jacksonville L 0-9

Sun 9/24 Cincinnati L 20-28

bye

Sun 10/8 at San Diego L 13-23

Sun 10/15 Kansas City W 45-7

Sun 10/22 at Atlanta L 38-41

Sun 10/29 at Oakland L 13-20

Sun 11/5 Denver L 20-31

Sun 11/12 New Orleans W 38-31

Sun 11/19 at Cleveland W 24-20

Sun 11/26 at Baltimore L 0-27

Sun 12/3 Tampa Bay W 20-3

Thu 12/7 Cleveland W 27-7

Sun 12/17 at Carolina W 37-3

Sun 12/24 Baltimore 1:00 pm

Sun 12/31 at Cincinnati

From ESPN:

"The Bills probably won't make the playoffs, but Dick Jauron deserves some coach of the year consideration."

"Titans defense scores three TDs for the first time in the 47-year history of the Oilers/Titans. Oh yeah, they've also won five in a row and are in the middle of the playoff race."

So with us ahead of them in the tie breaker, they are still in the playoff hunt, and we are not?

:lol:

I saw that as well. I love how all of these other teams are in the hunt. Yet, Buffalo is out... I have only seen one positive one do far.

Okay...so Indy wins convincingly at home and the Bengals join the logjam in the AFC at 8-6.

But what does that mean for the AFC playoff race overall. Here are some quick thoughts:

- Indianapolis now controls its own destiny for the #2 seed in the AFC (Colts have common opponents edge over Baltimore) and will actually clinch at least the #2 seed with a win next week at Houston and a Baltimore loss at Pittsburgh.

- With the Cincinnati loss, Baltimore has now clinched the AFC North division title. Ravens have to beat Indy outright to have tiebreaker over them for the #2 seed. In addition, if Baltimore can best Indy on overall record and tie San Diego, the Ravens will get the #1 seed due to head-to-head win over San Diego earlier this year.

- New England can clinch a first-round bye if they win out to get to 12-4 and Baltimore loses one game and Indy loses two games.

- Of the four 8-6 teams, Denver has the tiebreaker advantage at this time based on conference record (7-4 vs. Bengals' 6-4 and Jets-Jags both at 5-5).

- Both Denver and Cincinnati control their own destiny for playoff spots, however these teams play each other this week so that leaves an opening for either Jacksonville or NY Jets or potentially one of the four 7-7 teams.

- In case Jacksonville and the NY Jets end up tied for a Wild Card spot, the Jaguars beat the Jets earlier this year in tight affair 41-0.

- The Jets seem to have the easiest rode the rest of the way as they travel to 6-8 Miami then host 2-12 Oakland. Other schedules of the 8-6 teams are much tougher as Denver plays Cincy and SF, Cincy plays Denver and Pitt and Jacksonville plays New England and KC.

- Of the 7-7 teams, Buffalo is in the best position to make an impact as they can still get to 7-5 in conference record, beat Jacksonville head-to-head and would have tiebreaker advantage over the NY Jets at 9-7 if the Jets loss is at Miami (division loss).