Pro Bowler/High motor DE Aaron Schobel

Corp000085

I cant really argue with anything you have said.  Nevertheless, you can't accurately assess each players' strength based on their tackles.  Because, unllike Buffalo, most of Indy's opponents dont run as much because they are usually trailing and have to play catch up.

And when we are talking about tackles, I believe it is much easier to tackle someone when you are single-teamed, rather than double-teamed or have slide-protection moved towards whatever side of the field you are lined up on.

Last time I checked, no team ever double teamed or slid their protection towards Schobel.........And dare I say that there have been few times in the past seasons that teams have had to abandon their run and air-it-out because they were stuck in a points-hole because of Buffalo's high-octane, high scoring offense!...........But aside from that I generally say that your assessment is fair and on-point :doh:

874110[/snapback]

Using similar logic, wouldn't Freeney's sack numbers be inflated then, because teams are passing more late in the game; therefore a certain percentage of Freeney's sacks would be "garbage time" sacks. Therefore, Schobel is actually a better pass rusher than Freeney, because he has fewer oppurtunities per game to rush the passer.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Using similar logic, wouldn't Freeney's sack numbers be inflated then, because teams are passing more late in the game; therefore a certain percentage of Freeney's sacks would be "garbage time" sacks.  Therefore, Schobel is actually a better pass rusher than Freeney, because he has fewer oppurtunities per game to rush the passer.

874177[/snapback]

LOL.........You give Schobel the same type of respect that opposing offensive lines give Freeney and he would be lucky to have two quarterback pressures, talk less of a sack, for the whole season!

Come on guys we're all Bills fans here but this is ridiculous. Schobel is a good player but he is not in the same league as Freeney! Come on guys.........Puleeeze :doh: