Blackout is good

beausox

Perhaps it is my indulgence in the finer fruits of life but I can't go to a game and spend less than $200.

872447[/snapback]

My wife believes the cost of golf is yearly dues. God bless her. Of course she has me believing all sorts of lies about Mother of the Bride dresses and so on. So we have a pact not to delineate closely the cost of certain things. One does not have to spend as much on golf or Bills games as I do (and you do too) but it is our choice. We could do it more inexpensively but we choose not to. Yet such ancillary costs are common to much entertainment. It is not outrageous to say that dinner and show, concert rock-and-not equal if not exceed Bills games. If U2 does not sell out in Buffalo it will go to Cleveland.

You do live within and you do go to games. you do not have to hold season tix to be a true fan. HOWEVER, anyone living in reasonably close proximity to Buffalo AND does not pay to go to any games AND carps about a blackout is a faux, watercooler-hero fan.

872204[/snapback]

I still think this is too judgemental. There are a lot of people who would like to go, but cannot for whatever reasons - not my business.

By the way (not directed at you, beau) you all do realize that since Ralph cannot fill a gazillion personal luxury boxes, he IS counting on as many fans as possible being AT THE GAMES. He has to share the gate but all concessions and parking are his alone.

Since many want big $$ signed to keep current players and sign more from other teams, he does depend more on attendance than most other teams.

I still think this is too judgemental. There are a lot of people who would like to go, but cannot for whatever reasons - not my business.

By the way (not directed at you, beau) you all do realize that since Ralph cannot fill a gazillion personal luxury boxes, he IS counting on as many fans as possible being AT THE GAMES. He has to share the gate but all concessions and parking are his alone.

Since many want big $$ signed to keep current players and sign more from other teams, he does depend more on attendance than most other teams.

872606[/snapback]

HIS revenue disparity comes from relative shortfall of luxury box income coupled with his contention that revenue sharing favors large market franchises.

I argue that Wilson should consider reducing " inexpensive" seats and raising per ticket price to offset loss. Problem is big markets do not share luxury revenue. Thus Bills have to share % of lower price tix