Q: 'Buried' in debt, can he dig out?

Tux of Borg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the first class in O'Brian hall, class of 1976. And John Schlegel taught me Civil Procedure and Ken Joyce taught property. I was VERY surprised that they were both teaching still. I really thought UB was and is the best law school bargain in the country, for price and quality.

I am midway through year 5 at Brockport for my bachelor's right now in math secondary education and a coaching minor. I would be graduating in may if i didn't get really sick last year and have to drop below full time. I have had to work my way through college as an RA or other jobs on campus, because i was thrown out of my mom's and my dad was sent to prison for 3 years when i was a freshman. Luckily, the gov't has some exemptions for cases like mine or i would have been in more debt and i would not have been running track or participating in clubs along with the academics and work. I am now 30 grand in the hole with another semester of undergrad work next year unaccounted for. I also have to go to grad school if i want to teach in NY and some districts do not cover any grad work, so i might just go out of state so i can take grad classes at a slower pace and go towards an administrative degree. I am glad i went to a public school cuz i can't image in being in 60 grand worth of debt after a bachelors.

I was in the first class in O'Brian hall, class of 1976.  And John Schlegel taught me Civil Procedure and Ken Joyce taught property.  I was VERY surprised that they were both teaching still.  I really thought UB was and is the best law school bargain in the country, for price and quality.

874305[/snapback]

I had both of them. Joyce for Federal Tax and Schlegel for some bridge courses. I graduated in 2000.

I am midway through year 5 at Brockport for my bachelor's right now in math secondary education and a coaching minor. I would be graduating in may if i didn't get really sick last year and have to drop below full time. I have had to work my way through college as an RA or other jobs on campus, because i was thrown out of my mom's and my dad was sent to prison for 3 years when i was a freshman. Luckily, the gov't has some exemptions for cases like mine or i would have been in more debt and i would not have been running track or participating in clubs along with the academics and  work. I am now 30 grand in the hole with another semester of undergrad work next year unaccounted for. I also have to go to grad school if i want to teach in NY and some districts do not cover any grad work, so i might just go out of state so i can take grad classes at a slower pace and go towards an administrative degree.  I am glad i went to a public school cuz i can't image in being in 60 grand worth of debt after a bachelors.

874496[/snapback]

Brockport Keg parties were the best in the 70's. Damn, I'm old...... :lol:

I am midway through year 5 at Brockport for my bachelor's right now in math secondary education and a coaching minor. I would be graduating in may if i didn't get really sick last year and have to drop below full time. I have had to work my way through college as an RA or other jobs on campus, because i was thrown out of my mom's and my dad was sent to prison for 3 years when i was a freshman. Luckily, the gov't has some exemptions for cases like mine or i would have been in more debt and i would not have been running track or participating in clubs along with the academics and  work. I am now 30 grand in the hole with another semester of undergrad work next year unaccounted for. I also have to go to grad school if i want to teach in NY and some districts do not cover any grad work, so i might just go out of state so i can take grad classes at a slower pace and go towards an administrative degree.  I am glad i went to a public school cuz i can't image in being in 60 grand worth of debt after a bachelors.

874496[/snapback]

Goood for you and best of luck. I worked at Brockport from 1980 through 1997. Did you have Coach Murray? He is the legendary wrestling coach their and one of my best friends. Now there is a guy who could teach discipline better than any Drill Instructor!