Would you fire Jim Mora?

Buffalo Mike1

I don't know if he was joking or not, but it was awfully dumb. Truth is, though, he is out at the end of this season anyway, and everyone knows it. For better or for worse, the Falcons will keep looking for the coach to get the most out of Michael Vick. Having such a potential talent on a team is both a blessing and a curse.

My guess is they pick up a hot college coach in the off-season, though I have no names in mind.

You really believe that? He sure didn't sound like he was kidding. In fact, he qualified what he was saying by saying "Seriously, I'm not kidding."

868569[/snapback]

I listened to the interview. No trace of irony in his voice. If he was really kidding, he should be working in Hollywood instead of coaching football.

Not sure if this is subtle sarcasm or not. 

If not, listen to the tape, assuming you haven't already.  There was no joke in that voice.  He should be gone.

868481[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic, but Mora was not.

ATLANTA (Dec. 15, 2006) -- Jim Mora insisted he was trying to be funny when he said he would leave Atlanta to coach the University of Washington football team.

I don't know if he was joking or not, but it was awfully dumb. Truth is, though, he is out at the end of this season anyway, and everyone knows it. For better or for worse, the Falcons will keep looking for the coach to get the most out of Michael Vick. Having such a potential talent on a team is both a blessing and a curse.

My guess is they pick up a hot college coach in the off-season, though I have no names in mind.

868575[/snapback]

But don't dare call Vick a coach-killer!

I would. What a jerk. Yeah, that's who I would want running my team. Someone who would leave in a heartbeat- right in a Superbowl run. I would give him to the end of the season. And legally, I am sure it would be easy to void his contract.

http://rams.aolsportsblog.com/2006/12/15/f...am-fans-season/

868367[/snapback]

He already nuked himself with the radio interview. No amount of just-kidding spin is going to erase that soundbite.