Anybody have a problem with X-mas

The Rising

No.  Not only is "X" an appropriate symbol for crucifixion (the typical Roman crucifixion cross was actually X-shaped; Jesus' crucifixion was very atypical), but it's also the Greek letter χ, as in "χριστοσ", which is "Christ" in Greek.

So if you have a problem with it, the problem's yours.  The abbreviation is entirely appropriate.

868325[/snapback]

I agree. I might call it Christmas out of habit, but I don't give a rat's ass what other people call it, and X-mas does have the meanings you spell out. I can't imaging Jesus is losing a lot of sleep over this issue.

I agree.  I might call it Christmas out of habit, but I don't give a rat's ass what other people call it, and X-mas does have the meanings you spell out.  I can't imaging Jesus is losing a lot of sleep over this issue.

870648[/snapback]

Jesus can lose sleep? I never considered it.

Jesus can lose sleep? I never considered it.

870704[/snapback]

:P:lol:

Watch out all you righties... Close your eyes if you don't want to be offended...

Being a man and carpenter... He probably had certain choices for tools, just like automobiles today??? On that note:

My son thinks he (Jesus) would drive a Land Rover... :lol:

Myself, thinks he is a "Jeep guy"... x2 B-)

My wife? Got him in a VW MicroBus... :unsure::lol:

:P  :lol:

Watch out all you righties... Close your eyes if you don't want to be offended...

Being a man and carpenter...  He probably had certain choices for tools, just like automobiles today???  On that note:

My son thinks he (Jesus) would drive a Land Rover... :lol:

Myself, thinks he is a "Jeep guy"... x2 B-)

My wife?  Got him in a VW MicroBus... :unsure:  :lol:

870728[/snapback]

Right...because nothing says "single Jewish male" like a VW MicroBus... :lol: