Analysis Of LDE Kelsay

Astrobot

I did a favorable analysis of Pennington, but can't with Kelsay. Kelsay has been a favorite player of mine, but I'd like to see more than this from our left side.

Hurries Pennington------------------1 (In less snaps, Denney Hurried QB twice--still bad)

Fooled (Reverse, Trap, etc.)--------------2

Moved By Their RT-------------------------4

Overran The QB----------------------------3

Holds Man Too Long, Runner Goes By----3

Sacks----------------------------------------0

The number of hurries is deplorable. So is hyperfocusing on your own man as the runner goes past you. I'm beginning to think I'd like an early draft pick or FA at LDE.

The number of hurries is deplorable. So is hyperfocusing on your own man as the runner goes past you. I'm beginning to think I'd like an early draft pick or FA at LDE.

864852[/snapback]

I'd be interested to see what Hargrove could do here.

This is an incomplete analysis at best. Why not look at the whole game, for starters? Secondly, do you have any "analysis" from other DEs to compare it to? It's hard to take this seriously as it stands right now....

864973[/snapback]

It's clearly a partial analysis--not indicative of the whole game--and thus we should take it for what it's worth. I give astrobot props for putting the time in on it.

But to your point, I recall Kelsay having a great second half--remember that huge stuff he had of the RB on that pitch play where he was one-on-one with the back? He read it perfectly and made the play.

Also, Pennington is not the kind of QB who takes a lot of hurries, pressures, sacks, etc. The fact that we got to him at all was was surprising.